Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Gm Truck brake recall: - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 09-16-2019, 05:01 PM
Keeper

I`m saying that about mileage because its a truck so i didn`t buy it for the mileage. Average about 12 mpg`s in stop and go traffic .(lead foot) Just drove a 800 mile round trip to southern Maryland to fish the Chesapeake bay Mostly 70 mph highway averaged 17.5. May i ask which part of the state you were in ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2019, 05:15 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspencreek View Post
HEHEHE, yes they have some "plants" alright. Take a good look at them and then take a gander at the Nissan and Toyota "plants'. Those 2 companies wouldn't even consider those shuttered facilities, not to mention who would they get to work at them, old UAW workers? Not a chance. I see the UAW is back to thinking they are entitled again.

And is it you don't care what your mileage is, or afraid to find out what it might be. Just was through your lovely State a month ago, wish I could have spent more time.
You obviously know nothing about automotive manufacturing plants or their workers. lol
Old 09-16-2019, 09:36 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Custom Eyes View Post
You obviously know nothing about automotive manufacturing plants or their workers. lol
Worked in the GM plant in Janesville for 2 yrs, father worked in the plant for over 15. No question, things have changed since 1980's. The Toyota and Nissan facilities in Miss, Tenn, and Texas are quite different from the plants like Janesville and others. I have a great respect for the workers and what they do, I have little respect for the UAW and what they do.

Last edited by Aspencreek; 09-16-2019 at 09:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2019, 09:42 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfishpa View Post
I`m saying that about mileage because its a truck so i didn`t buy it for the mileage. Average about 12 mpg`s in stop and go traffic .(lead foot) Just drove a 800 mile round trip to southern Maryland to fish the Chesapeake bay Mostly 70 mph highway averaged 17.5. May i ask which part of the state you were in ?
Was in Erie for 2 nights.
Old 09-17-2019, 11:03 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspencreek View Post
Worked in the GM plant in Janesville for 2 yrs, father worked in the plant for over 15. No question, things have changed since 1980's. The Toyota and Nissan facilities in Miss, Tenn, and Texas are quite different from the plants like Janesville and others. I have a great respect for the workers and what they do, I have little respect for the UAW and what they do.
Auto plants have changed quite a bit in the last 10 years, let alone from the 80's! It would be like comparing a modern truck to a horse and buggy. lol It's pretty shocking to see pics of some of the lines that I worked tech service at in the 2000's compared to what they look like today. I've done tech work in both union and non-union, American and foreign plants. Not much different at all, even the workers. Most are outfitted with the same assembly and manufacturing equipment, made by the same suppliers. A line can be stripped to bare floors and walls and refitted in a matter of weeks now. Biggest difference I noticed was that safety was enforced to an almost nauseating level at union plants.
Old 09-17-2019, 11:55 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by REW View Post
David,
You indicated that the Dealer fixed your brake issue on your truck.

Do you know what was done to your vehicle to remedy the problem?

If, as you said - it was a brake booster vacuum issue - how was the brake booster vacuum changed?

Take care
REW, I was only told that indeed there was an issue with the brakes which involved the vacuum and the updated the software. Dealer admitted this was a common problem they were seeing and handled it very well. The brakes are great now.

Just an interesting comment to add, in June I drove my 2018 GMC 1500 XLT with a trailer package (large mirrors, brake controller, beefed up rear springs, 6.2L engine) from Minneapolis to Sioux Lookout and back. Took 169 to 6 to 71 on the way to International Falls and come down 53/35 on the way back. For the entire trip, not pulling a boat, just our gear, I averaged over 25 MPG for the 1000 mile round trip. It has a setting of the best mileage for 25, 50, and 400 miles. The best for the 25 mile time period was 30.7, the 50 was 28.5 and the 400 is 25.5. This was on regular 87 octane, E10.