Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
1975 Pro V Prop - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Old 05-07-2020, 08:15 PM
Minnow

Default 1975 Pro V Prop

Curious what everyone is running for a prop and what kind of performance you’re getting on your 1975 Lund pro v with a merc 225 verado. Mines a 2018.

Currently running a 21p tempest plus and seeing 50-52 depending on conditions WOT at 5500-5600 Rpms ish. Have a 19p tempest on the way to try and get in the rated 5800-6400 rpm range.

Anyone try a Bravo with this set up?

Thanks for the feedback.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2020, 10:13 AM
Charter Member

I have the same rig. Ran a 19" Tempest for quite a few years on the 1975 but switched to a 20" Bravo FS a couple years ago. Could hit 55 at 6200-6300 with the Tempest and 56 at 6000-6100 with the Bravo FS. The big difference is in the handling. Lots of bow lift with the Tempest and made it trim sensitive when driving in rough water. Bravo has more stern lift and handles rough water much better. Had to move the motor up to one hole down from the highest to get the best out of the Bravo.
Old 05-11-2020, 09:57 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragger View Post
I have the same rig. Ran a 19" Tempest for quite a few years on the 1975 but switched to a 20" Bravo FS a couple years ago. Could hit 55 at 6200-6300 with the Tempest and 56 at 6000-6100 with the Bravo FS. The big difference is in the handling. Lots of bow lift with the Tempest and made it trim sensitive when driving in rough water. Bravo has more stern lift and handles rough water much better. Had to move the motor up to one hole down from the highest to get the best out of the Bravo.
I have an 1875 with 200 Verado Pro and am thinking of going from the 19p Tempest to a Bravo. I thought I was looking for a Bravo LT but then read the other day about the FS now can't really figure out the differences and benefits of one over the other. My dealer wasn't really helpful with direct knowledge of the two Bravo props.

I am mostly interested in the improved handling in rough water.
MinnKota Terrova 80/60/24 ipilot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2020, 07:08 AM
Keeper

I have a 20' Pro Guide with a flashed 150 Verado. I used to run a 19P Tempest, but switched to a 19P Rev 4 (Same ear lob profile as the Tempest, just one extra). Picked up 4 MPH at same RPM. I picked up a 20P Rev 4 last fall to lower RPM but have not had it out yet. Just another prop to consider.
Ches.
Old 05-12-2020, 08:28 AM
Charter Member

Difference in the Bravo FS vs LT is in the barrel or tube length and shape. The FS has a straight barrel and the LT has a longer barrel and is slightly flared on the end. When asked about the differences, the Mercury experts told me that the LT helps with more stern lift on heavier multi species boats like 21' Rangers with larger outboards. They said the FS actually was better on boats a little lighter and shorter than the larger glass boats. I swapped the 19" Tempest for a 20" Bravo FS and just had to raise the motor up to get the rpms back to where they needed.
Old 05-12-2020, 08:33 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinbns View Post
I have an 1875 with 200 Verado Pro and am thinking of going from the 19p Tempest to a Bravo. I thought I was looking for a Bravo LT but then read the other day about the FS now can't really figure out the differences and benefits of one over the other. My dealer wasn't really helpful with direct knowledge of the two Bravo props.

I am mostly interested in the improved handling in rough water.

I put a Bravo-1 FS on my 200 Pro last year. Compared to the Tempest.....this is a much better fit. I think your hull is probably identical to my 1900 Tyee.....and thus you would probably like the change as well. In turns and rough water there is no comparison. With your motor height optimized.....you might seriously consider a 20" pitch Bravo-1 FS.

The Bravo-1 LT....from what I've gathered from the Mercury Racing site....really shines on the bigger fiberglass Multispecies boats that have the higher horsepower Verado's.....and probably the bigger tin Lunds with the over 300hp Verado's.

Best of luck to you......Switching to a four blade has made a dramatic improvement in how my boat handles rough water and tight turns.

2017 Lund 1900 Tyee
Mercury 200 Verado Pro
Mercury 15hp Pro Kicker
Humminbird 12.1" Solix
Old 05-12-2020, 11:38 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senderofan View Post
I put a Bravo-1 FS on my 200 Pro last year. Compared to the Tempest.....this is a much better fit. I think your hull is probably identical to my 1900 Tyee.....and thus you would probably like the change as well. In turns and rough water there is no comparison. With your motor height optimized.....you might seriously consider a 20" pitch Bravo-1 FS.

The Bravo-1 LT....from what I've gathered from the Mercury Racing site....really shines on the bigger fiberglass Multispecies boats that have the higher horsepower Verado's.....and probably the bigger tin Lunds with the over 300hp Verado's.

Best of luck to you......Switching to a four blade has made a dramatic improvement in how my boat handles rough water and tight turns.
Thanks, my motor is mounted in the middle of five holes, which one is your's mounted in?
MinnKota Terrova 80/60/24 ipilot
Old 05-13-2020, 05:09 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Thanks, my motor is mounted in the middle of five holes, which one is your's mounted in?
Mine was rigged on the second hole from the lowest mounting position ( second hole from the top.) Even with a moderate amount of trimming.....The anticav plate was submerged and couldn't be visualized when on plane. I ended up having the motor raised to the highest hole knowing I was switching to the Bravo-1 FS. Now the anticav plate is skimming the top of the water when trimmed and the boat is on plane. I've monitored water pressure and no issues with this combo. My two cents.......I believe my rig benefitted from raising the motor and switching to a four blade prop....YMMV.

Best of luck

2017 Lund 1900 Tyee
Mercury 200 Verado Pro
Mercury 15hp Pro Kicker
Humminbird 12.1" Solix

Last edited by Senderofan; 05-13-2020 at 05:11 AM.
Old 05-13-2020, 05:22 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Before and after photos:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6130 4.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	318388   Click image for larger version

Name:	yGg8i7ljRZSRxmGhq7nbcw.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	525.3 KB
ID:	318390  

2017 Lund 1900 Tyee