Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Need Help with Helix Gen 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 09-13-2020, 05:05 PM
Charter Member

Default Need Help with Helix Gen 3

I have recently purchased a Helix 12 SI Gen 3 and like the unit a lot. My problem is when I set up my unit so I have the Chart on the Left of the Screen and the Right side has 2D sonar on top and Down Imaging on the bottom. If I see fish on the 2D Sonar and want to cursor over to them and mark them with a waypoint the cursor is in the Down Imaging Box and I can't move it up to the 2D Box to mark them. Hopefully they show up in the Down Imaging Screen but sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. I have looked in the manual but I don't see where this is addressed at all! Could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks for any and all information that you can provide.
Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2020, 05:28 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiMinneye View Post
I have recently purchased a Helix 12 SI Gen 3 and like the unit a lot. My problem is when I set up my unit so I have the Chart on the Left of the Screen and the Right side has 2D sonar on top and Down Imaging on the bottom. If I see fish on the 2D Sonar and want to cursor over to them and mark them with a waypoint the cursor is in the Down Imaging Box and I can't move it up to the 2D Box to mark them. Hopefully they show up in the Down Imaging Screen but sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. I have looked in the manual but I don't see where this is addressed at all! Could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks for any and all information that you can provide.
Jim
If I understand correct you can only do that on the active pane. You can make either side active in the settings. See page 36 - The screen that is active will have a Yellow gold box with a down white arrow.

https://879dd651a809fc1b59de-035169d...s%20Manual.pdf
Ultera
Kicker
Smartcraft
Zipwakes

Last edited by bbheli; 09-13-2020 at 05:35 PM.
Old 09-14-2020, 01:23 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbheli View Post
If I understand correct you can only do that on the active pane. You can make either side active in the settings. See page 36 - The screen that is active will have a Yellow gold box with a down white arrow.

https://879dd651a809fc1b59de-035169d...s%20Manual.pdf
Thanks for posting...but thatís not the issue! I know how to make the left side or the right side active. Let me try again to explain. I have the view of the entire screen set at 50% left and 50% right. On the left side is my chart. On the right side I have 2D Sonar on the top and down imaging on the bottom. When I am fishing, and I see fish on the 2D Sonar I make sure the right side of the display is active, but the cursor is always in the Down Imaging box and I cannot bring it up to the top box to mark the fish that I see in 2D. So my question is, if the right side of your screen is active but you have split the right side into two separate views how do you switch the cursor from the lower view to he upper view on the right side? I hope I have explained this so everyone understands! Thanks again! Jim
Old 09-14-2020, 10:46 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiMinneye View Post
Thanks for posting...but thatís not the issue! I know how to make the left side or the right side active. Let me try again to explain. I have the view of the entire screen set at 50% left and 50% right. On the left side is my chart. On the right side I have 2D Sonar on the top and down imaging on the bottom. When I am fishing, and I see fish on the 2D Sonar I make sure the right side of the display is active, but the cursor is always in the Down Imaging box and I cannot bring it up to the top box to mark the fish that I see in 2D. So my question is, if the right side of your screen is active but you have split the right side into two separate views how do you switch the cursor from the lower view to he upper view on the right side? I hope I have explained this so everyone understands! Thanks again! Jim
What happens when you use the arrow key to move cursor ?
Ultera
Kicker
Smartcraft
Zipwakes
Old 09-15-2020, 07:31 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbheli View Post
What happens when you use the arrow key to move cursor ?
It will move up to the top of the down imaging display but wonít go into the 2D display.
Old 09-15-2020, 07:05 PM
Keeper

Didnít Wayneís reply here work for you?

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1078486

Try changing the Sonar color palette under the Sonar tab to a black background choice to see if the cursor shows against the darker background ...

Rickie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A8402FED-7A84-4431-A05A-F4A9818D0221.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	321466  

Last edited by rnvinc; 09-15-2020 at 07:16 PM.
Old 09-15-2020, 08:10 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnvinc View Post
Didnít Wayneís reply here work for you?

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1078486

Try changing the Sonar color palette under the Sonar tab to a black background choice to see if the cursor shows against the darker background ...

Rickie
No Wayneís reply didnít work either. I am guessing that I need to check or uncheck something. I will try the black background but if itís there donít you think I could see it in the white? Going out tomorrow and will give it a try! Thanks for your help!
Old 09-16-2020, 05:07 PM
Charter Member

Iím not sure what I did but it is now working! Amazing! I went in and reset the defaults and it works great! Thank you all for the help! Should have done that before I posted but just didnít think of it!