Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
2020 Shorelandr trailer centering - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Trailers and Tow Vehicles

Old 01-08-2020, 11:09 AM
Slot Fish

Default 2020 Shorelandr trailer centering

I have a 2020 Lund 1875 Impact that came with a Shorelandr trailer. When I load the boat on the trailer the transom always seems to be a few inches over to the port side. This causes the boat to almost touch the wheel wheel of the trailer, talking less that 1/4" of clearance. Any idea how I can 'fix' this? I have never had this issue with other trailers. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2020, 11:18 AM
Keeper

Have you carefully measured the bunk spacing/measurements? Are you putting the trailer in deeper than needed? Side bunks/guides?
Old 01-08-2020, 11:24 AM
Slot Fish

I have not measure anything. The bunks are in the same bracket hole on each side. They look to roughly be at the same angle. The trailer does not have side bunks, it does have guides, but they just get you in the general area, not very specific. I see some Shorelandr side bunks on Amazon, but not sure if they will work with my boat. Anyone know if the linked bunks would work?

https://www.amazon.com/Shorelander-T...MG3AMWV6P6XTSM

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	boat.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	438.6 KB
ID:	314750  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2020, 02:23 PM
Charter Member

JD,
I would suggest that you triple and quad check the setup and exact alighment of everything on the trailer.

Start, by first getting the boat, 100% perfectly centered on the trailer.

But, before doing this, when the boat is off of the trailer double and triple check every setup of every roller, brace and bolt on the trailer. You want to first check that everything on the trailer is 100% symmetrical on the trailer. i.e. you want everything on the port side of the trailer to be identical to the starboard side of the trailer.

Then, with the boat back on the trailer, and the boat perfectly centered as measured from the main frame channels of the trailer.

Once you have the boat on the trailer perfectly centered - look - from the underside of the trailer to see if the placement of each roller and brace and guide is in a location that makes sense for the hull that is loaded on the trailer.

Once you have gone through this procedure and correcting anything that is out of order - give it a deploy and reload test a few times to see how it is all going.

When you load the boat, are you in the boat? Or when you load the boat, is the boat empty of folks and you are winching the boat on the trailer.

If you are in the boat when loading the boat - you need to be sure that you are NOT in the drivers seat - but rather be in the center of the boat when loading the boat. The body weight of a driver will cause the boat to lean and may often lead to misloading the boat on the trailer.

So, before worrying about power loading, winch the boat on the trailer a few times and see if it loads perfectly every time when winching it on the trailer.

If it does this, then try power loading, first loading when remaining in the drivers seat, and then when you are in the center of the boat for the loading to keep the boat from listing as you load the boat.

Do some testing and checking and adjusting and let us know what you find.

Best wishes.

p.s.
Remember, often trailers are setup - to be in the "ball park" and may not be as perfectly adjusted as may be possible by careful measurement and tweaking.
Old 01-08-2020, 02:25 PM
Charter Member

JD,
Can you tell us the model number of the shorelander trailer that you have under your boat?
Old 01-08-2020, 03:09 PM
Slot Fish

Hey REW,

Thanks. Ill make sure everything is symmetrical and try positioning myself a bit more center when loading.
I'll report back how it goes.

Here is my trailer information:

Frame: V30BLW
Model Year: 2020
Finish: BLACK SHORE ARM'R 2
Mfg Date: 2019-06-19 00:00:00

Thanks!
Old 01-08-2020, 05:38 PM
Slot Fish

I have same to only a 2018 for me and the ramp I use mine is always off if I power load so I just go in so about 1/3 of my bunk is in the water just go to the boat sticks and winch the rest on and it's perfect every time .. some use a self centering roller with good results I just didn't want to do all that to a new set up
Old 01-08-2020, 10:04 PM
Slot Fish

Thanks d-max. I'll try not backing in as far and winching and see if that helps.
Old 01-09-2020, 05:00 AM
Keeper

My 2018 Impact does the same thing. If I get too far in the water the backend will drift over a bit, either way. There is only a couple inches of room to the fenders. Wouldn't notice it if there was more room, but I like you, dont want the boat touching the fenders. If it's off a bit, I usually just turn the motor and scoot it over. I make sure no one is next to me.
Old 01-09-2020, 07:35 AM
Wallhanger

I believe the off center by a inch or two might be caused by weight distribution not being equal on the port side vs the starboard side of the vessel. You probably have more a bit more weight on the starboard side, thus causing it to sink down more on the trailer and push the boat over more onto the port side of the trailer. If you power load the boat you have to figure whatever you weigh adds to the starboard side of the boat. If there are no center rollers to hold the boat in the center of the trailer, then it's a real tough job getting LUCKY that your perfectly on center prior to pulling the boat out of the water.

The bunks will not help you much UNLESS you want them real tight against the sides of the boat and then scratches and scuff marks are almost guaranteed. However if you do mount the side bunks so each one is say 2" away from the boat when the boat is perfectly centered on the trailer, then make sure of it before pulling the boat out of the water by either pushing or pulling the boat from the dock so it's centered by looking to see if you have about the 2" of clearance from the side bunks. I hope this makes sense and helps you out.
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra