Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
2000 Ford Expedition - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 06-17-2009, 09:15 PM
Slot Fish

Default 2000 Ford Expedition

I was wondering if anyone has had to replace there fuel pump in this vehicle? I have 130,000 miles on it and was wondering if I should be worried about it going out on me soon? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2009, 04:07 AM

198,000 miles on a 1999 and still going strong. Knock on metal!
Old 06-18-2009, 06:40 AM
Wallhanger

I wouldn't worry until she goes. You didn't own a Chevy previously by chance did you? They are known for bad fuel pumps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2009, 07:56 AM
Wallhanger

2002 F150 with 193000-couple of coils but fuel pump is doing its job.
Walteye
Old 06-18-2009, 03:29 PM
Charter Member

Keep your eye on your water pump, though.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:12 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzonetom View Post
I wouldn't worry until she goes. You didn't own a Chevy previously by chance did you? They are known for bad fuel pumps.
Yes I did own a chevy before. 135,000 and it went on my chevy. Thats why Im asking now. Personally I dont want to be on my way to the lake with the boat and have it go out on me. That would be the pits. Glad to hear that the fuel pumps last long in the fords. Thanks everyone for responding to my question.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:17 PM
Slot Fish

I have another question about the Expedition. Has anyone had problems with the heater and defrost motor going out in there vehicle? Mine went out, but not all at once. First the low setting went out, then the medium setting, now the high setting went out. Does anyone know if this is a normal problem with the Expedition? I took it to a mechanic and he said that ford was having problems with there blower motors. Was there a recall on this? My back blower still works, so I just adjusted it to hit me in the back of the head. Thanks for responding.
Old 06-19-2009, 09:47 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewalleye View Post
I have another question about the Expedition. Has anyone had problems with the heater and defrost motor going out in there vehicle? Mine went out, but not all at once. First the low setting went out, then the medium setting, now the high setting went out. Does anyone know if this is a normal problem with the Expedition? I took it to a mechanic and he said that ford was having problems with there blower motors. Was there a recall on this? My back blower still works, so I just adjusted it to hit me in the back of the head. Thanks for responding.
This sounds more like the blower resistor that controls the fan speed if it was the blower motor itself it wouldn't work at any speed. I just changed the one in my Explorer it was about $25 and about 10 minutes work.
Old 06-20-2009, 07:30 AM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Scully View Post
This sounds more like the blower resistor that controls the fan speed if it was the blower motor itself it wouldn't work at any speed. I just changed the one in my Explorer it was about $25 and about 10 minutes work.
THanks Scully, I will take it to a different mechanic who isnt a shiester. The first one was going to charge me $350 to fix it. Where does this resister go on the vehicle? Is it under the dash? THanks.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:05 AM
Wallhanger

On my 97 Explorer it was under the hood on the passenger side back by the cowl. On my girlfriends car it was behind and below the glovebox inside the car. Look around online I found full instructions with pictures but I don't remember where it was. It wasn't a hard fix two bolts to take out the old one and put the new one in.

Last edited by JJ Scully; 06-21-2009 at 08:07 PM. Reason: spelling