Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lowrance 334C after a season report - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Walleye Boats and Motors

Old 09-28-2006, 01:11 PM
Minnow

Default Lowrance 334C after a season report

I am planning on getting a new sonar and was interested in the gps option. I started looking and found out about the internal antena and Lowrances 334c. I researched it here and saw tons of problems. My question is has Lowrance corrected the problem in the latter issues of the 334C series? Please let me know and please make suggestions of other good units that are similar. Thanks in advance, Gary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2006, 03:03 PM
hunterguy31

Default RE: Lowrance 334C after a season report

I had issues with mine until I did the software upgrade. I think that I am one of the only people that haven't had any huge issues. I have mine mounted behind my windshield and it seems to be fine. I am moving mine up to the bow next year and get something different for the console, but I am overall pretty happy.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:23 PM
Charter Member

I have had no problems with my 334, other than attempting to upload waypoints. Once I installed the update, that problem was fixed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2006, 05:31 PM
dfishes

Sounds like there are some 334s out there that are working like they were supposed to. Remember, Lowrance did not have a recall and at times denied they were having problens with that unit (I had one of the first ones). There are probably plenty of early production 334s sitting on shelves in sport shops across the country. I would call a reputable dealer who can't afford to sell defective products like Wade at Jolly Ann Marine, and ask if he feels it's safe to purchase one. Good luck.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:50 PM
Charter Member

I purchased mine through Wade and like I mentioned above, had no internal antenae issues. GPS always worked.
Old 09-29-2006, 07:38 AM
Roger Benoit

I too was quite concerned. Read all these posts concerning the 334C after having purchased the 334.

Installed it on my boat in April. Did the software upgrade after opening day...where I could have thrown in the water i was so frustrated with it. Position lost/Position acquired.. over and over.

After the software upgrade, It has performed flawlessly. Mine is mounted in a tiller boat so no issues with windshields. I do however have the Lund Dodger Top for my boat and was concerned the unit would not function under the top. This was not the case. Even with the complete top up, gps functioned as it was designed.

I am quite please with it. Awesome bargain for the $600.00 I paid for it.

Roger

Old 09-29-2006, 07:56 AM
Minnow

I have a Pro Angler 16 with a instrument locker. I'm hoping that it will work installed there, since its opening is on a slight slant. I think I will pick one up in the Spring 2007 and hopefully even more advances will have taken place. Thanks for the input, much appreciated. Gary
Old 09-29-2006, 08:18 AM
Roger Benoit

I also have a Pro Angler 16. My 334 is mounted on a RAM mount just outside the electronic compartment. Personally I think that there is too much material that would cause gps interference.

Worth a try installing it inside but think in the end you will end up mounting outside the electronic's compartment.

Roger