Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lund Sport Trac Modification - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 01-25-2021, 10:33 AM
Keeper

Default Lund Sport Trac Modification

I see where Lund has come out with quick release sport track mounting plates. Great idea. Unfortunately I have about a dozen of the original friction fit mounting plates and don't want to spend all that money to upgrade to the new quick release models. Has anyone out there figured out a way to get rid of the friction sticks and make some sort of a thumb screw setup to attach the plates to the track in an easily removable way. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Milfish
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2021, 07:18 PM
Slot Fish

Buy one of these, look at how it works, and mod your Lund version to be the same. Basically you will need to drill a hole thru the top, use the "loosest" fitting bar insert, and drill and tap it so that you can use a threaded thumbscrew to pull it up to the top and increase the friction and lock the adapter in place.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3004.3156-6.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	472.2 KB
ID:	323742  
Old 05-01-2021, 02:39 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by milfish View Post
I see where Lund has come out with quick release sport track mounting plates
Do you have any links to the new design? I have the same friction types which work well but it's always nice to know of something new for future options
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2021, 03:22 PM
Keeper

I want to make a boat rack on my boat for hauling kayaks out to remote camps. Thinking of posting up and bracing off of the track pucks. Two in front of and two behind the windshield. Yakima Cross rails between and braced back to the track to prevent racking. Then I could use my Yakima kayak saddles.