Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Suspension Seats - Page 6 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 03-27-2020, 06:42 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark Bob View Post
Just a note. I think 1 pump is all you need. I set them once and have not messed with them since. I do have a large son so I am sure I will have to pump it up some if he visits. Bob
Got a great deal on 2 WavePro 2.0 and both pumps were included and free. I agree that only one is needed. Very happy with my purchase. Both are now installed and canít wait to try them out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2020, 05:35 PM
Slot Fish

Well, just got back from a fishing trip with my 250lb friend. The Wavepros exceeded both of our expectations! No bone rattling jarring or need to slow down. The boat could handle the waves but previously our backs and bodies couldnít. Once you get over the sticker shock it is a great investment. I did need to use the pump to increase pressure for my buddy. Easy to do and quick. I donít think I will need to readjust until in the boat with my wife.

The WavePros are similar in size to the stock pedestals and weigh about the same. I looked at Smooth Moves but the weight is totally unacceptable and the reviews are also not universally good. I am really happy with my decision and purchase. They install in about 5 minutes a side. Took a bit longer on drivers side as I had to add the slider to my seat. Iím nearly 60 and creature comforts are taking on more importance for me.
Old 05-11-2020, 08:46 AM
Keeper

Just curious if there are any additional observations from Wave Pro users of the 10” vs. 12” pedestal in a Triton 216FH.

I currently have SmoothMoves and I”m not a fan of the rebound, plus they sit a bit too high for me (I think they’re the 4.75” pedestal).

I”m leaning toward the 10” Wave Pro but I keep hearing that they have a significantly different ride than the 12” due to less travel.

Anyone else with a 216FH have any thoughts?

Last edited by rpr; 05-11-2020 at 09:10 AM.
Old 05-13-2020, 09:09 AM
Charter Member

Give Wavepro a call. The folks there are great to work with.
Old 05-15-2020, 02:22 PM
Keeper

I went with the Air Wave pedestals. Not much more expensive, slightly better reviews, and I was more comfortable with the design (lack of rotation).
Old 05-15-2020, 05:19 PM
Charter Member

SLE,
It would seem to me that for a person who spends $100K on a boat, that spending another thousand or two for the best suspension seat on the market in the form of the X pro might be favored by the customer to avoid back issues.

I certainly that when I hit that big waves that partially crushed one of my disks that I would have had one of the X pro seats installed in the boat.

Some folks spend $15,000 for a vehicle. Some folks spend $250,000 for a vehicle.

Some folks spend $5,000 for a boat. Some folks spend $150,000 for a boat.

I certainly can not be the judge of how someone choose to spend their money.

Best wishes and keep the virus away!!
Old 05-16-2020, 01:05 AM
Keeper

For those who don't want to spend an arm and a leg on a wave dampening seat pedestal look at the Springfield EZ Ride.
I bought a pair 3 years ago, and have really good luck with these, and I was 300 lbs for two years, down to 250 now.
No bottoming out or launching. No issues at all. Just a good comfortable ride.
And very affordable.

http://www.cascadedepot.com/ez-ride-...ning-pedestal/