Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Ranger 620FS Cup Delivery Delayed - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 03-23-2020, 06:32 PM
Ranger Team

I ordered a 2020 Ranger 620fs on January 14 It was in stage 1 of production on March 18 and in stage 2 today March 23 My dealer is in WI and called today and they are shutting down tomorrow.
I can contact him by cell phone to keep in touch with him about the status of my boat. Just hoping Arkansas does not shut down because of the virus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2020, 10:23 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofishin View Post
Hi, just wondering if anyone besides myself has been informed their Ranger boat delivery has been delayed.
My 620FS Cup was supposed to come off the manufacturing line on 3/25. Last Friday my dealer informed that all 4 cup boats they have on order have been delayed with my date now 4/15.
His comment there must be a mold issue. Not sure I believe this or if the virus might be affecting materials/production.
After ordering 2 new Rangers and a new Skeeter years ago, one thing that I learned early is there are a lot of factors that decide exactly when your boat arrives. They have to have some starting point however a lot of the boats get ordered in the late winter with stated lead times of 6 - 8 weeks yet there is no way that anyone knows as these orders are flooding the factory, and of course they are built 1 at a time. However, there is a lot of coordination going on with the right outboard, electronics, production delays and one of the big issues is transportation. No one is simply going to deliver a single boat to a dealership and often the delay is waiting for a full load of boats to head north. A while back I ordered a Skeeter out of Texas, it was done but it was waiting for a full load to come up. My brother was laid off at the time and I believe the shipping charge was like $450. My dealer said I could pick it up and they would not charge me for delivery so my brother drove down and hauled it back and I had it here for opener. I gave him the $450.
Old 03-24-2020, 09:12 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Anderson View Post
... one of the big issues is transportation. No one is simply going to deliver a single boat to a dealership and often the delay is waiting for a full load of boats to head north. A while back I ordered a Skeeter out of Texas, it was done but it was waiting for a full load to come up. My brother was laid off at the time and I believe the shipping charge was like $450. My dealer said I could pick it up and they would not charge me for delivery so my brother drove down and hauled it back and I had it here for opener. I gave him the $450.
Yeah, that thought occurred to me, too. My dealer is waving the $450 delivery charge, regardless, but I did at one point have the thought of driving down to AR to pick up my boat myself, and get a tour of the factory, etc. at the same time. I'd once again consider that, but this spring seems like maybe not the best time for such a cross-country trip.

Depending on how long it looks like it's going to take to get my boat up here after it's been manufactured, though, I just might change my mind!

Gerry
Old 03-24-2020, 09:48 AM
Keeper

Maybe I just got lucky, but once my boat was done it was actually shipped and arrived pretty quickly. It only took a little over a week.
Old 03-24-2020, 11:03 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbin View Post
Yeah, that thought occurred to me, too. My dealer is waving the $450 delivery charge, regardless, but I did at one point have the thought of driving down to AR to pick up my boat myself, and get a tour of the factory, etc. at the same time. I'd once again consider that, but this spring seems like maybe not the best time for such a cross-country trip.

Depending on how long it looks like it's going to take to get my boat up here after it's been manufactured, though, I just might change my mind!

Gerry
Keep in mind that it is more likely than not that your boat will not be water ready from the factory, that setup is the dealer's job. I would check with the dealer before assuming anything.
Old 03-27-2020, 08:07 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Anderson View Post
Keep in mind that it is more likely than not that your boat will not be water ready from the factory, that setup is the dealer's job. I would check with the dealer before assuming anything.
That's a great point, David. I'm also really looking forward to my dealer taking me out on the water to give me some instruction on launching, operating and hauling out. (I'll be a first-time boat owner, and though I don't mind learning through experience I'd much prefer being taught enough first that I don't do something damaging or dangerous.)

We'll see what happens...

Gerry
Old 03-28-2020, 10:06 AM
Wallhanger

I have seen no local news about Ranger shut down, I went past there a few days ago and the lot is full during the day. Would guess it is supply line. Bob PS Gerry, tours are shut down. Only business visitors allowed. FB might be a place to keep an eye on things. Maybe a call will give you an answer. I know some people who got updates and even a couple pictures of their new boat. Bob

Last edited by Ozark Bob; 03-28-2020 at 10:14 AM.
Old 03-28-2020, 12:30 PM
Wallhanger

Lame for sure. Even worse for the dealers... could see a decent chunk of people
Canceling their orders.
BT terrova link
Old 03-28-2020, 01:02 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark Bob View Post
... PS Gerry, tours are shut down. Only business visitors allowed. FB might be a place to keep an eye on things. Maybe a call will give you an answer. I know some people who got updates and even a couple pictures of their new boat. Bob
Thanks for the heads-up and the suggestion, Bob; if they can provide a picture or two it would certainly bring a smile to my face!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
Lame for sure. Even worse for the dealers... could see a decent chunk of people
Canceling their orders.
Huh? I'm not following you, Boond. Surely you're not thinking that Ranger - or any other manufacturer, for that matter - WANTS delays and associated dealer/customer dissatisfaction?...

Gerry
Old 03-28-2020, 01:06 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbin View Post

Huh? I'm not following you, Boond. Surely you're not thinking that Ranger - or any other manufacturer, for that matter - WANTS delays and associated dealer/customer dissatisfaction?...

Gerry
No not at all. Dealers being stuck with boats customers ordered. A lot of folks lost their jobs and we have no idea when we will get back to “normal”. Surely isn’t going to be soon imo.
So if a dealer ordered 10 boats for customers and half cancel they will be sitting on those boats. Big ticket items aren’t moving much
BT terrova link