Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Ranger 622FS vs. Vexus DVX22? - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 03-25-2020, 07:27 PM
Minnow

Vexus has a better livewell and windshield design. The dash is also far better.

The dash design on the new FS Pro is arguably a downgrade from the non-FS models. The Lowrance RIDE system is a complete waste of dash space. If they want to have that as a touchscreen for switches that can't serve as a chartplotter/fishfinder, it should be down and to the right where the Vexus switches are. Not in the prime real estate where a fishfinder can be mounted. Vexus switching is perfect and look very reliable, and out of the way.

It looks like the Vexus would be better than a Ranger in rough water, but that is just going on looks. It has higher freeboard. Still waiting on a single review or proof that the Vexus can handle rough water well. It took Ranger/Triton many iterations to dial in the rough water performance. Vexus needs to prove the hull is good to go on rough water.

Disappointed to see neither do completely away with carpet and offer removable horseshoe pods like Lund has. Carpet should not exist on a boat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2020, 08:10 AM
Minnow

I was fishing all day in a tournament in my Ranger 621 and at that tournament they were giving rides in the Vexus 22ft. The waves were 2-3ft all day. I was in the market for new boat this year and was definitely eyeing up the Vexus boat so I went for ride in it. The boat has alot of nice features that I liked and now see other manufactures using Vexus ideas. Took the ride in the Vexus in same conditions I was in all day and to my disappointment I wasn't impressed in the hull design. Felt alot of vibration/slapping through the boat when hitting waves. Also got wet when we were crossing waves. Didn't get wet all day in the Ranger. Decided to purchase the Ranger 621pro. My personal opinion only and not to take anything away from Vexus boat owners!
Old 03-27-2020, 08:04 PM
Keeper

My biggest concern for Venus is how it can weather an economy that isnít healthy, like what ours turned into 2 weeks ago. Do they have the money or reputation to weather this? So you buy the boat and they donít make it... what about warranty or parts...

Sorry my money is on Ranger. Iím looking for a new boat right now, and Vexus hasnít crossed my mind as an option up to this point. Yes, Iím narrow minded and stubborn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2020, 08:15 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouki7 View Post
My biggest concern for Venus is how it can weather an economy that isn’t healthy, like what ours turned into 2 weeks ago. Do they have the money or reputation to weather this? So you buy the boat and they don’t make it... what about warranty or parts...

Sorry my money is on Ranger. I’m looking for a new boat right now, and Vexus hasn’t crossed my mind as an option up to this point. Yes, I’m narrow minded and stubborn
White River Marine Group (WRMG) is owned by Bass Pro Shop. WRMG owns Ranger Boats, Tracker Marine, Nitro, Tahoe, Triton, Sun Tracker, Regency, Ascend and Mako.

Countless reports from owners claim Ranger quality control has slid since WRMG's acquisition of Ranger, Triton, and Stratos. They also stopped manufacturing Stratos.

So given that the world of big box retail is essentially in doomsday mode even before the COVID-19 situation, it's hard to argue that Ranger is in better hands than Vexus.
Old 03-28-2020, 05:00 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritonguy View Post
Exactly, they haven't! They still use the same old style from years ago, unlike Vexus that has improved on the entire windshield issue.
What is the entire windshield issue on the Rangers and what did Vexus do to improve on it? I don't own either but am looking.
Old 03-28-2020, 05:05 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jboutdoorguy View Post
What is the entire windshield issue on the Rangers and what did Vexus do to improve on it? I don't own either but am looking.
Not just Ranger, but pretty much every boat in this segment besides Vexus. The windshields fall apart over time. The certainly aren't loading bearing if you want to use it as a support for your body weight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdm1kszu3Mg&t=4m52s
Old 03-28-2020, 05:19 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jboutdoorguy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytron View Post
Not just Ranger, but pretty much every boat in this segment besides Vexus. The windshields fall apart over time. The certainly aren't loading bearing if you want to use it as a support for your body weight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdm1kszu3Mg&t=4m52s
The move to better windshields is long overdue. I applaud that for sure. Screwing them on really isn't acceptable on these big dollar rigs, or any rig for that matter. You end up with screws falling out, shifting of the segments, and sagging middle frames, it's almost inevitable.

It's one of the things that first sold me on Warrior. Their windshields have been fully bonded and through bolted since forever. In four hard seasons of use I've had zero loose screws to deal with and it hasn't moved a fraction of an inch. I also love the fact their windshields are actually functional, you look through the windshield, not over it.

Waxy

P.S. They chose the right guy for the video, definitely minimizing the chance of an Elon Musk moment!

Last edited by Waxy; 03-28-2020 at 05:23 PM.
Old 03-29-2020, 09:10 AM
Wallhanger

Not quite understanding the issue with the windshield. Never had any issue with my Ranger windshield except the center window sag and certainly dont blame Ranger for that. I have seen the vexus do the same. They are made by the same company Taylor Made using the same glass. Ranger has been bolt thru for a looong time.
Old 03-29-2020, 03:18 PM
Minnow

I've loved each of my Rangers boats and have just ordered my 4th. I would have to agree though that I do believe this is an area they could make an improvement. I would say that it has been quite common that I have had to re-tighten many of the screws on them over the years and I have also had to repair the gelcoat on one boat as the walkthrough window rubbed a spot through the gelcoat over time.

Like I said, overall I've loved my Ranger boats but I do think that they could improve an already very high quality product with an upgrade to what has been the standard here for many years. Hopefully the folks down in Flippin see/hear these comments and look at how to keep improving quality and maintaining their competitive edge.

Stay healthy and safe everyone, each day that goes by is one day closer to all this crazy stuff being over but do your part, and influence others as you can, to do what we each are able to do to help these times pass as soon as possible.

Last edited by bluehawk42; 03-29-2020 at 03:23 PM.
Old 03-31-2020, 07:54 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytron View Post
White River Marine Group (WRMG) is owned by Bass Pro Shop. WRMG owns Ranger Boats, Tracker Marine, Nitro, Tahoe, Triton, Sun Tracker, Regency, Ascend and Mako.

Countless reports from owners claim Ranger quality control has slid since WRMG's acquisition of Ranger, Triton, and Stratos. They also stopped manufacturing Stratos.

So given that the world of big box retail is essentially in doomsday mode even before the COVID-19 situation, it's hard to argue that Ranger is in better hands than Vexus.
It's not a stretch to think that a startup company that first started selling product within the last year isn't in as strong a financial position to weather a potentially large economic downturn as a much larger company that's been around for a much longer period of time.