Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Ranger 620FS Cup Delivery Delayed - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 03-22-2020, 09:31 AM
Minnow

Default Ranger 620FS Cup Delivery Delayed

Hi, just wondering if anyone besides myself has been informed their Ranger boat delivery has been delayed.
My 620FS Cup was supposed to come off the manufacturing line on 3/25. Last Friday my dealer informed that all 4 cup boats they have on order have been delayed with my date now 4/15.
His comment there must be a mold issue. Not sure I believe this or if the virus might be affecting materials/production.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2020, 10:09 AM
Wallhanger

I would assume production can be interrupted by the virus. Who knows where all those parts are manufactured at. Also if the Feds or State of Arkansas issues a shelter in place order April 15th won't mean squat either.

Like your dealer said, it could be a problem with the mold although I would find that unlikely.

The upside is your payments won't start until after you take delivery.
Old 03-22-2020, 02:59 PM
Minnow

I was afraid this was likely to happen. I've got a new FS Pro on order to be delivered initially in April. Earlier this week, dealer said date was still the same but maybe that has changed.

Did your dealer say if this was specifically for Ranger Cup Equipped boats or did it sound like all Ranger boats?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2020, 03:58 PM
Wallhanger

My 620FS Cup was originally supposed to be ready in late April. When I e-mailed the dealer on Friday and asked him to contact Ranger to get an update for me, he quickly (too quickly for him to have bothered speaking with anyone at Ranger as I asked, I think) replied that "The estimated completion date for your boat is currently 5/8." (Putting it after the walleye opener here in NY... )

I've already paid 2/3 of the cost, and planned to pay the remainder within a month; now I'll hold off on that last payment, anyway, until I know the boat is actually on the way.

My dealer is the Cheektowaga, NY Cabela's, by the way, and I assume they closed today in response to the Governor's order that all non-essential businesses in NY close today and remain closed until further notice. So I figure I'll call Ranger directly for subsequent updates. Might not be better news, but I'll trust it more.

Given everything that's going on at present, I just hope I get the boat at all this year. But I know a lot of people are really suffering, even dying, so I can't get too wound up about my boat compared to that.

Gerry
Old 03-22-2020, 04:27 PM
Keeper

I had the exact same thing happen to me last year and there was no pandemic. I’m guessing supply chain is the issue. They won’t start building your boat until they have all parts and motor(s). My delay was the backlog on the merc XS Pro. I ordered mine mid-December and picked it up at the dealer April 27th.
Old 03-22-2020, 07:50 PM
Keeper

You should never ever, fully pay for a boat, until you have inspected it, and are ready to take it home. You wouldn't pay for a vehicle till you had seen it, and were ready to drive it home, and the same think, especially for a boat. Ranger has had some delayed delivery issues in the last couple of years. Once the dealer has your money, you have lost your leverage, they can tell you anything. I work with a fantastic dealer, with that said, I never would pay them fully up front, and they have never asked anyway, if they ever did, I would find a new dealer. In fact, I have never herd of a dealer asking for full payment, before receiving the boat. Many people on this, and other forums, have complained that their Rangers have arrived, not as ordered, whether dealers mistake, or Rangers, who's to know, but only way of easily resolving any issues at delivery, is to hold partial payment until it is made right. Also something to think about, with everything going on now, if you were to pay in full now, before receiving your boat, the possibility is there that either Ranger, or your dealer, could file for bankruptcy before you ever see your boat. Quite unlikely with Ranger or Cabela's, but the possibility is there. Gbin, I really feel for you out there, could be a long boring summer, it's really taking off here in Wi. now, and I expect sometime soon we will be in lockdown also. Who knows how this is all going to shake out. I do know that some people are really hurting, physically as well as financially, so whether I get to go fishing for a while, is really meaningless, compared to what others are having to go through. Safe wishes to everyone, and hope we all make it through this. Also, haven't most businesses been ordered to reduce their workers a certain percentage? That alone could really affect deliveries.

Last edited by muskyed; 03-22-2020 at 08:03 PM.
Old 03-23-2020, 07:36 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by muskyed View Post
You should never ever, fully pay for a boat, until you have inspected it, and are ready to take it home...
I reckon my head knew this all along, but in my enthusiasm over buying the boat (and in the absence of any of our current dark cloud) my heart urged going full-steam ahead from the very start. The boat is 2/3 paid for at this point, as I said, but I'll hold that last 1/3 until after the boat has arrived and passed painstaking inspection.

I should make it clear, the dealer did not ask me to pay in advance this way. I decided to do it simply because of eagerness, as I said, and because it suited my paying with my Cabela's CLUB black card and thus getting 5% back. (And I have already been spending the resulting Cabela's points like a drunken fisherman, on various fishing and boat gear. ) The exact timing of my last 1/3 payment won't interfere with that.

Tried to hurry to get my boat order in as early as possible (as I wanted to have it in time for the NY walleye opener), but had a necessary learning process to go through, first. So it goes...

Gerry
Old 03-23-2020, 07:57 AM
Keeper

Sure hope the best for you Gerry, and everyone else for that manner. We purchased a summer place by Lake Michigan last summer, and were really looking forward to this summer and fall fishing and socializing there. For now, that appears to be on hold, stay in place order or not, as they are now refusing to sell boat launch passes to non residents. When I sit back and think about it though, the things that really matter the most now to us, is that we cannot visit our family, and most importantly our granddaughter, as for now we are too afraid of possibly giving them something, and also they are too afraid with giving us something. Times like this, really let you know what is really important in life. Gerry you have ordered a beautiful boat, and if it takes a little longer to get it, all will be forgotten when this is all over.
Old 03-23-2020, 08:16 AM
Minnow

I don't know if the delay is specific to Cup boats.

My order was placed 1/13 for reference to when others may have placed their orders.

I'll try to find out more from Ranger today.
Old 03-23-2020, 10:35 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by muskyed View Post
... Gerry you have ordered a beautiful boat, and if it takes a little longer to get it, all will be forgotten when this is all over.
I hear you, amigo! And about the real priorities in life, too.

I'm a bit disappointed about not having my boat for the opener, of course, but I'll get over that pretty quickly. Already making plans to grab a dip net and go after smelt from shore in the same place where I was going to chase walleye from the boat. Next best thing, eh? Only have to wait for ice-out there rather than the state opener in that case, too.

I placed my order on 2/11, gofishin, so our timelines appear to be more or less the same. That suggests it's simply a matter of delay, not real disruption. Fingers crossed it remains so!

Gerry