Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Not finding many newer rangers with Verados? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 03-25-2020, 05:25 PM
Minnow

Default Not finding many newer rangers with Verados?

Have been looking at a lot of rangers 2015 and above and hard to find one with a verado all seem to have XP or evinrude, wondering if anyone could bring me up to speed on this iv been out of the loop for a bit and surprised to see evinrude has become so popular again last I remember them was late 70's Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2020, 06:30 PM
Minnow

The ones you are seeing are the ones that just have not sold. I too have been watching boats in the same year range. I'd guess that 75% of the Rangers have Verados, One of the trends I've noticed is the boats with Verados sell the fastest.
Old 03-25-2020, 07:43 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bago-Bay View Post
Have been looking at a lot of rangers 2015 and above and hard to find one with a verado all seem to have XP or evinrude, wondering if anyone could bring me up to speed on this iv been out of the loop for a bit and surprised to see evinrude has become so popular again last I remember them was late 70's Thanks
Evinrude and Mercury are in bed with the parent company of Ranger/Triton. With Triton, your only options are Evinrude or Mercury as of last year I believe.

BRP's (the parent company of Evinrude) revenue absolutely dwarfs all the other outboard brands, albeit from their other unrelated products. So even though Evinrude is probably most people's last choice, their parent company is absolutely swimming in cash and paid for exclusivity.

The engine options for Ranger are slowly becoming less and less each year. For example, I don't think Suzuki or Honda is an option anymore. Expect them to go Evinrude or Mercury only soon as well.

Mercury just launched their new Pro XS series, which is now a V8 4-stroke for the higher HP models. So Mercury is competing with itself in this segment. For guys running tons of graphs, a 300HP Pro XS has more alternator amps than even a 400hp Verado. For 18-20' boats, most will probably opt for Pro XS. For 21'+, Verado will be common since there isn't a Pro XS above 300hp.

We need a Yamaha VMAX SHO 300hp and 350hp with fly-by-wire asap.

Last edited by Nytron; 03-25-2020 at 07:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2020, 09:14 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytron View Post
BRP's (the parent company of Evinrude) revenue absolutely dwarfs all the other outboard brands, albeit from their other unrelated products. So even though Evinrude is probably most people's last choice, their parent company is absolutely swimming in cash and paid for exclusivity.
Have you looked up Bombardier's business and financial situation lately?

They're swimming in debt and fire saleing pretty much every segment of their business.

The only profitable segment? BRP aka Bombardier Recreation Products - Skidoo, CanAm, and Evinrude.

I only take exception to your comment because as a Canadian tax payer, I am no fan of Bombardier, my tax money has gone to bail them out WAY too many times already.

Waxy
Old 03-25-2020, 09:42 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxy View Post

They're swimming in debt and fire saleing pretty much every segment of their business.

The only profitable segment? BRP aka Bombardier Recreation Products - Skidoo, CanAm, and Evinrude.

I only take exception to your comment because as a Canadian tax payer, I am no fan of Bombardier, my tax money has gone to bail them out WAY too many times already.

Waxy
Oh really? I guess I just google'd their revenue, which is measured in the billions. All the other brands are well under a billion. All I know is their marketing is top notch.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:53 PM
Keeper

U can get whatever motor u want on your boat. Saying otherwise is false. Will u pay more? Probably maybe maybe not, doesn’t matter, fact is u can get whatever motor u want
Old 03-25-2020, 10:38 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmbkiller View Post
U can get whatever motor u want on your boat. Saying otherwise is false. Will u pay more? Probably maybe maybe not, doesn’t matter, fact is u can get whatever motor u want
Not from the factory. If you order the boat without a motor, yes.
Old 03-26-2020, 09:20 PM
Wallhanger

Waxy Did something change. All the rec products where bought from Bombardier in 2003. Creating BRP. Maybe I missed who owns the new BRP company now. Not super easy to track ownership all the time. Who owns the outboard, atv, and snowmobile company now?

Last edited by Snowking; 03-26-2020 at 09:24 PM.
Old 03-27-2020, 08:14 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytron View Post
Evinrude and Mercury are in bed with the parent company of Ranger/Triton. With Triton, your only options are Evinrude or Mercury as of last year I believe.

The engine options for Ranger are slowly becoming less and less each year. For example, I don't think Suzuki or Honda is an option anymore. Expect them to go Evinrude or Mercury only soon as well.

Mercury just launched their new Pro XS series, which is now a V8 4-stroke for the higher HP models. So Mercury is competing with itself in this segment. For guys running tons of graphs, a 300HP Pro XS has more alternator amps than even a 400hp Verado. For 18-20' boats, most will probably opt for Pro XS. For 21'+, Verado will be common since there isn't a Pro XS above 300hp.

We need a Yamaha VMAX SHO 300hp and 350hp with fly-by-wire asap.
You are correct about Evinrude paying for placement. You are seeing more out there, but that isn't really because of consumer demand. My fishing buddy sells boats and they handle Yamaha, Suzuki, Merc, and Evinrude. He said Evinrude is basically "buying love". They have tremendous salesman bonus spiff payments if they sell boats with Etecs on them. In addition, his dealership was paid a hefty sum to only bring boats with Etecs to the big state boat show. I agree 100%, we need to see a Yamaha 300SHO! I have a 250SHO and it is incredible!!
Old 03-27-2020, 09:01 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxy View Post

Waxy
I remember when Rude left all the dealers high and dry years ago with a shipment of new motors with no warranty that is why i will never by one