Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Transom protection - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 05-25-2010, 01:27 PM
Minnow

Default Transom protection

My dad has a 2001 skeeter 2050 and the control cables for the kicker motor are starting to dig in to the top of the transom. Is this a common occurrence? Does anyone have any ideas as to how to cure the problem? I was thinking of placing a piece of sheet metal on the inside edge of the transom for some added protection. Or is there already a product out there that is designed for this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2010, 05:21 PM
Slot Fish

Default Kicker Cables

Merv,

I have a 2050 and had the same problem. What I did to correct it was to go to my local home improvement store and purchase some black 1/2" or 3/4" pipe insulation. It is split so you can put it over the cables and it has an adhesive flap so it stays put. It was easy, cheap and it looks decent. It has held up well but it can be easily replaced.

Jason