Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Northern "end of season" used boat sales - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 08-11-2016, 05:45 AM
Apple Guy's Avatar
Apple Guy Apple Guy is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Minneapolis, Minn..
Posts: 3,787
Default

They must have a teenager rigging boats, customers not looking at the boats or even a salesman with common sense to have learned that all Alumacraft utility boat are under rated compared to the average utility boat everyone sells in the upper midwest. Something almost any good salesman would know out of boat sales instinct after 30 days on the job. Not to be harsh, but I find this slip up to be really telling I think.

.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #12  
Old 08-11-2016, 06:58 AM
fishin10's Avatar
fishin10 fishin10 is online now
Wallhanger
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Auburndale Fla
Posts: 1,499
Default

Nice looking boat...roomy, has storage and looks like it will be easy to setup with a sonar unit.
Don't know about the engine rating?? Looking at the 2016 brochure it is rated for a 25...Not a big deal, have the dealer put a 25 on it.....My 1988 Alumacraft Lunker V14 is rated for a 35. Nothing wrong with a Shorelander trailer. Prior to accepting, have the dealer inspect and re tighten all the hardware on the trailer....I use a MK Endura 55lb thrust on my lunker pushes it around nicely.
Looking at that dealers inventory of USED fishin boats.....a lot of nice looking CLEAN rigs...prices...YIKES!
__________________
2018 Tracker Pro Guide 16 WT
2018 Mercury 75 HP

Last edited by fishin10; 08-11-2016 at 07:08 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-11-2016, 07:47 AM
Hot Runr Guy Hot Runr Guy is offline
Wallhanger
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: West Chicago, IL, USA.
Posts: 14,553
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishin10 View Post
Nothing wrong with a Shorelander trailer.
Sorry, did not mean anything against Shoreland'r, I was talking about the "straight bar crossmember" style of trailer, rather than a bent-crossmember style, allowing the boat to sit lower and in-between the fenders.

A previous thread on the subject https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums...t=mod7+trailer

HRG
__________________
"I've got a car with a trailer hitch, and a pocket full of money. Do you want to sell that boat today, or not?"
My Mentor, Bill Michalek, circa 1975
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-11-2016, 08:06 AM
fishin10's Avatar
fishin10 fishin10 is online now
Wallhanger
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Auburndale Fla
Posts: 1,499
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Runr Guy View Post
Sorry, did not mean anything against Shoreland'r, I was talking about the "straight bar crossmember" style of trailer, rather than a bent-crossmember style, allowing the boat to sit lower and in-between the fenders.

A previous thread on the subject https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums...t=mod7+trailer

HRG
I understand....On my prior boat 1802 Bayliner Capri...I had bent frame cross members on a Karavan trl. On the rig posted it should unload/load easily. My trl is a roller/bunk combo, I love it when I launch, just back in, give it a slight push and it's off the trailer
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0605.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	491.1 KB
ID:	223473  
__________________
2018 Tracker Pro Guide 16 WT
2018 Mercury 75 HP

Last edited by fishin10; 08-11-2016 at 08:47 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-11-2016, 07:57 PM
Apple Guy's Avatar
Apple Guy Apple Guy is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Minneapolis, Minn..
Posts: 3,787
Default

No one ever did comment on if I will expect to see a higher # of boats coming up for end of season sales vs spring sales increase???????
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-12-2016, 07:34 PM
SidebySide SidebySide is offline
Minnow
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 31
Default

I bought a used boat last fall after casually watching for one that I wanted for a couple years. I would say generally the market is stronger in the spring, but not a significant difference in the lower priced boats. I missed a couple boats because I couldn't go look at them quickly enough. The good ones of any type and in any price range seem to sell readily. So, be ready when you see one you want.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-12-2016, 07:54 PM
Apple Guy's Avatar
Apple Guy Apple Guy is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Minneapolis, Minn..
Posts: 3,787
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidebySide View Post
I bought a used boat last fall after casually watching for one that I wanted for a couple years. I would say generally the market is stronger in the spring, but not a significant difference in the lower priced boats. I missed a couple boats because I couldn't go look at them quickly enough. The good ones of any type and in any price range seem to sell readily. So, be ready when you see one you want.
Yes, I was thinking about a 2009 Sylvan Super Snapper it was an hour away and was still a bit ambivalent on what I want and if I should pull the trigger. It was a fair price and then he lowered the price so it was more then fair and it was gone in a day.

I was trying to look at new boats and motors and no matter where I buy and if I buy separately I am at a spread of $8,200 to $8,500. I only want to spend $4,000 to $5,000. I MUST have a 25hp 4- stroke as my lowest HP motor on a 14 ft or 16 ft utility boat with a floor. Hard to believe it takes $8,500 to get a little stinken row boat with a 25hp engine on it. I just can't justify new. Even though I want new and this most likely will be my last boat.

.

Last edited by Apple Guy; 08-12-2016 at 07:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-12-2016, 08:18 PM
fishin10's Avatar
fishin10 fishin10 is online now
Wallhanger
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Auburndale Fla
Posts: 1,499
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Guy View Post
Yes, I was thinking about a 2009 Sylvan Super Snapper it was an hour away and was still a bit ambivalent on what I want and if I should pull the trigger. It was a fair price and then he lowered the price so it was more then fair and it was gone in a day.

I was trying to look at new boats and motors and no matter where I buy and if I buy separately I am at a spread of $8,200 to $8,500. I only want to spend $4,000 to $5,000. I MUST have a 25hp 4- stroke as my lowest HP motor on a 14 ft or 16 ft utility boat with a floor. Hard to believe it takes $8,500 to get a little stinken row boat with a 25hp engine on it. I just can't justify new. Even though I want new and this most likely will be my last boat.

.
That is why I purchased my 1988 Alumacraft, after I sold my 18ft Bayliner. Just wanted a smaller boat to fish the local small to medium size lakes. New and used boats here in Fla is just too over priced, some just plain junk. Knowing what I wanted, I surfed Craigs List in Central Wi, soon found my boat and trl for $750, called my brother he went a brought it to his home. A few months later I came up to Wi to fish, and brought it home to Fl, Gutted the boat, had the trl sand blasted.
Did a complete rehab new parts,paint, purchased a 15hp motor for $400. When completed I had EXACTLY what I wanted..total cost $3100 not counting labor time. Maybe you should look for a 90's-2000 rig that needs re freshing...Lot of guys been posting lately with their projects.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0460.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	556.3 KB
ID:	223729   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0461.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	553.5 KB
ID:	223737  
__________________
2018 Tracker Pro Guide 16 WT
2018 Mercury 75 HP

Last edited by fishin10; 08-12-2016 at 08:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-12-2016, 09:26 PM
Apple Guy's Avatar
Apple Guy Apple Guy is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Minneapolis, Minn..
Posts: 3,787
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishin10 View Post
That is why I purchased my 1988 Alumacraft, after I sold my 18ft Bayliner. Just wanted a smaller boat to fish the local small to medium size lakes. New and used boats here in Fla is just too over priced, some just plain junk. Knowing what I wanted, I surfed Craigs List in Central Wi, soon found my boat and trl for $750, called my brother he went a brought it to his home. A few months later I came up to Wi to fish, and brought it home to Fl, Gutted the boat, had the trl sand blasted.
Did a complete rehab new parts,paint, purchased a 15hp motor for $400. When completed I had EXACTLY what I wanted..total cost $3100 not counting labor time. Maybe you should look for a 90's-2000 rig that needs re freshing...Lot of guys been posting lately with their projects.
Yep, found you on "The Google" when looking for your year floor layout. Been there done that with a custom outboard jet boat I built 20 years ago. Except I cut off the whole bottom of the boat and added a .125 bottom and "Wooldridge" compound angle tunnel and decks. Did you have any foam under the floor?


http://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat-...unker-v14-redo

.

Last edited by Apple Guy; 08-12-2016 at 09:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-12-2016, 09:55 PM
Apple Guy's Avatar
Apple Guy Apple Guy is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Minneapolis, Minn..
Posts: 3,787
Default

Fish10, I was just going through your renovation and found this comment:

"Could I have purchased a NICER Boat needing a heck of a lot less work? YES. Was this project WORTH it? YES & NO. Would I do this again? NO. Am I satisfied with the boat I have? YES Will I add more things to the boat? Probably. I want to Thank EVERYONE who offered their advise on this project you were a great help! "

Would I do it a again myself after my jet boat project. If I was retired maybe. At 53 and where I am in life now. No.




Added Note: I think I will add your boats model to my list. There are SO MANY more of these then SmokerCrafts I am looking for. Same layout too.

.

Last edited by Apple Guy; 08-12-2016 at 10:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.