Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Interesting response from a dealer,,,,, - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 09-11-2019, 04:15 PM
Wallhanger

Default Interesting response from a dealer,,,,,

Since I've been boat-less since early spring, I tend to look and see what's sitting in inventory at dealers. Found a new 2019 1625 Fury XL Tiller hull & trailer only (no motor), and sent the dealer a message asking what options the hull might have been ordered with, since the listing indicates things like "dual console with walk-thru windshield".

His response;

The listing for this boat is a general one from the factory, as this same boat can be a tiller side counsel or a full wind shield boat (I will let Lund know that you did not like the discerption (SIC)).

It comes as listed in the pictures if you looked closely you would see its boat and trailer only.

I can tell you that we probably would not see eye to eye on you purchasing a Lund from us, so it's probably just best to wish you good luck in your search with other dealers.

I guess I'm not worthy,,,,,,

HRG

Last edited by Hot Runr Guy; 09-11-2019 at 04:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2019, 04:49 PM
Wallhanger

Unbelievable! Must be selling a lot of boats and doesn't need the money.
Old 09-11-2019, 04:53 PM
Keeper

Holy smokes. Last year I called and emailed several dealers and felt like I got short and unresponsive answers. But, Nothing like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2019, 05:02 PM
Wallhanger

Wow! Be sure to respond to him that he is correct, you won't be doing business with him because his site is clearly just a C&P from the Lund website and he doesn't know anything about the boats he sells.
Old 09-11-2019, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator

If that was just a salesman, I would talk to the owner and let him know this was the response you received. That's unbelievable....wow.
NPAA#89

Supporting Vendor
Guide (Lake Erie Western Basin)
JulsWalleyeFishingAdventures.com

2020 Ranger 621 FS Pro Series
300 G2
15 ETEC Kicker
112 Ulterra w/iPilot LINK
Humminbird Helix 12 MEGA SI CHIRP Gen3
Old 09-11-2019, 05:17 PM
Keeper

I ordered a new Ranger a couple of months ago. The nearest dealer is 3 hours away, while two others are 4 hours away. I sent the boat detail and my list of options to all three.

One responded immediately and provided a quote within a few days.

One called back, asked a couple of questions and I didn't hear back from them for three weeks. When I called them back three weeks later he said he'd lost the list of options and asked me to resend. I didn't but I did tell him why he wouldn't be getting the business via email and he, or the manager who was copied, never responded.

The third never returned two calls.

This was for a boat exceeding $100,000!

The closest dealer obviously got the order but it put me in a position where I had zero leverage to work the price down.

I had a similar experience ordering my first boat from local dealers in 2014. Some boat dealers are a strange breed!

Last edited by Tilzbow; 09-11-2019 at 05:19 PM.
Old 09-11-2019, 05:29 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Runr Guy View Post
Since I've been boat-less since early spring, I tend to look and see what's sitting in inventory at dealers. Found a new 2019 1625 Fury XL Tiller hull & trailer only (no motor), and sent the dealer a message asking what options the hull might have been ordered with, since the listing indicates things like "dual console with walk-thru windshield".

His response;

The listing for this boat is a general one from the factory, as this same boat can be a tiller side counsel or a full wind shield boat (I will let Lund know that you did not like the discerption (SIC)).

It comes as listed in the pictures if you looked closely you would see its boat and trailer only.

I can tell you that we probably would not see eye to eye on you purchasing a Lund from us, so it's probably just best to wish you good luck in your search with other dealers.

HRG
Holy Moly! Perhaps forward that to Lund.
Old 09-11-2019, 06:50 PM
Wallhanger

It makes you wonder how the manufacturer dealer model can exist. In the Auto biz there is much higher volume so a larger profit component drives at least a modicum of competency (although that is debatable). Clearly there is a hayseed, incompetent, arrogant, indifference element in the retail boat biz.

I want to take a shower after reading this thread.
Old 09-11-2019, 09:05 PM
Minnow

Symptom of society these days. Sales and service are far too often lacking. Makes it an easy decision when you find it to do your business there.
Old 09-11-2019, 10:28 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Runr Guy View Post

His response;

HRG
Who’s the dealer ?
15’ Talon
Ultera
Humminbird Helix X 2