Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Paddle Wheels and Transducers ? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 03-23-2002, 10:26 PM
DREW FISH

Default Paddle Wheels and Transducers ?

I posted the same question on the Pro page but I'm anxious. I'm buying a TR-1 and want to put a graph on the back of my boat so when I'm turned around I can keep an eye on the depth and things. Here is my problem,I've got a Bottomlone HR on my bowmount and a Lawrance 350A on my dash. I'm purchacing a X-51 to put on the bow and taking the HR and putting on the back because it has GPS. Therefore I will have the Bottomline transducer and the 350A transducer both on the back of the boat,can I mount these tranducers close to each other and still have them work correctly.If not,why,and how should I go about this. Have never tried it before and really don't want to have interference. Part 2 of my question I can never get a speed reading with my paddlewheels unless I'm trolling 2 1/2 MPH and up. Is this normal or what. I've been using my SOG but would like to resolve this problem, any thoughts.
Tight Lines
DREW #469
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2002, 05:33 PM
Wallhanger

Default RE: Paddle Wheels and Transducers ?

Paddle wheels need to be cleaned and sprayed with WD-40 to work all the time .
You can use the car wash trick (IF) you are gentle , DO NOT SPRAY LIKE YOU ARE TRYING TO REMOVE BUG GOO .
Hand hold the bottem line transducer off the stern , that will answer your query .