Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
I would like some advice - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 07-12-2010, 06:33 AM
Minnow

Default I would like some advice

I need some help deciding between two boats. One is a 2003 Lund pro v 1900 with a 200 yamaha hpdi, the other is a 2004 pro v 2025 with a 225 optimax. They both have about 230 hours, will both fit in my garage, and are both rigged similarly. The 1900 is a couple thousand cheaper in price, as I figure it should be. I guess to me it really comes down to the motors, which does everyone think is the better set up?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2010, 06:43 AM
Wallhanger

ALWAYS go bigger if you can afford it...or you'll regret it over and over in the long run!
Old 07-12-2010, 08:57 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JinxCanada View Post
ALWAYS go bigger if you can afford it...or you'll regret it over and over in the long run!
Between those two boats I know which one I'd choose, but this is going to be your boat. What are the service choices in your area ? Do you have a good Yamaha or Mercury dealer in your area? If you know other boat owners in your area with Yams or Mercs, find out which ones compalin (or don't complain) about the service they get.

That would be my deciding factor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2010, 03:22 PM
Keeper

Them "big" boats sure do shrink pretty fast on big water!
I agree, if you can shell out the extra money, definitely go with the 2025 w/225 opti. Plus, the boat is a year newer than the other.
I'm a Mercury guy, I love my optimax!!!
Old 07-12-2010, 04:36 PM
Slot Fish

my last rig was an opti and my current rig is a yamaha hpdi

dunno what the next one will be but I've been pretty happy with both of them, the opti definately has a growl to it whereas the hpdi sounds a bit more refined but the smart craft gauges are very nice, its pretty much a tie between them in my mind

if the $'s aren't an issue I'd vote for the bigger newer rig
Old 07-12-2010, 05:05 PM
Keeper

I had a 2004 2025 with a 225 opti and loved it. the boat was a tank on big water. Tons of fishing room in the 2025. My buddy has a nice 1900 was the same colors as my 2025 we pull them next to each other and cant get over how much more room the 2025 has.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:20 PM
Keeper

I think you are asking because you want to be talked into the 2025. Go for it — get the boat you want and enjoy it for many years without wondering if you should have got it.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:56 PM
Wallhanger

I'd take both out on the water for a day before deciding. Both models are popular among tourny wannabe's who aren't afraid of doing $1000 worth of rivet loosening to win $500 and get their name in the local paper.
Take the boats out, actually see which you prefer (it will be the larger one), then see which one drains more water from the bilge when it's back on the trailer.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:26 PM
Wallhanger

Wink Tourney wannabe's?

Wow thats a little Harsh Mr.Phil! Sounds to me like you have trouble with a little friendly competition! Or maybe, just maybe your just not capable to compete! Not really sure why you would slam so many of us on this site that enjoy a little competition! I wish you happier days ahead! P.s. I agree with the rest if you can afford it go with the 2025!
Old 07-12-2010, 10:35 PM
Wallhanger

Go big and get it over with it will be cheaper in the long run instead of wasting money gradually working your way up in sizes. With that said, I currently have a 1800 explorer but the next one will be either a 2010 explorer or 2025 ProV. I'd go with the 2025. Good luck