Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Fishing for Walleyes in Eastern Washington - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 03-24-2003, 09:24 AM
Mike Mulvaney

Default Fishing for Walleyes in Eastern Washington

I live in Spokane and I am trying to find out which waters are better than others during different times of the year. My wife's uncle would like to drag his boat over from Lewistown, MT and was wondering if early June would be better than late June. I'm not asking for anyone to give away their secrets but my wife's uncle is an older guy and it would be nice if he is going to drag his boat 500 miles to know where to take him fishing. Any help I can get would be very much appreciated. Please send comments to me at mepsgod@hotmail.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2003, 11:31 AM
Sneaky one

Default RE: Fishing for Walleyes in Eastern Washington

the best way is to talk to the bait shops near where you want to fish. I usually go to the launch and chat with a few guys that are coming in to see how they did. A cold beer after a hot day does wonders to get people taling about how the fishing was and what they were using. Also the first part of June there is a tournament on Moses lake that can be a good place to get some info. Usually the shallow mouth at the top produces around that time of the year. I come from Seattle so do not fish close to spokane but there are several others on here that do.
Old 03-24-2003, 11:34 AM
NWWalleye

Check out www.NorthwestWalleye.com its a new website local to the Pacific Northwest
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2003, 11:36 AM
Keeper

Typically, the beginning of June is better than the end of the June...thats "typically". I'm not sure how Sprague is in June but if you go out there I got 3 words for you..."Watch Your Prop".
Old 03-24-2003, 01:53 PM
VMC 9299

I would recommend Banks Lake in early June. It is located just below Grand Coulee Dam so you would also have Lake Roosevelt at your disposal. Contact Gordon Steinmetz at Big Wally's (509) 632-5504. He is located at: 9944 Hwy 2 East, Coulee City WA 99115. He was born and raised in that area and is the owner/operator of Big Wally's Guide Service. Great guy and is very willing to share information on what's working and where to go.
Good luck!
Dave
Old 03-25-2003, 09:50 AM
aar7

I can pretty much guarantee you that there will be good fishing somewhere close by anytime in June. Watch the tournament schedule as its pretty busy in June. If you're fun fishing you probably want to avoid the tournaments.

Briefly, Banks Lake, Moses Lafe and Potholes should all be producing fish in early June. Roosevelt also will be producing fish but the big question will be if there is enough water to launch by then. It's too early to say but most forecasts show that the draw down will not be very severe this year.

A good opportunity for you to get some first hand info will be April 12th when White's Outdoor has their annual open house called Fish Fest. They have all kinds of free seminars that day, many on local walleye fishing. I know that Gordon Steinmetz, John Carruth, and Royce Drye (all local tournament anglers) will be there all day and are doing seminars. It's an awesome tackle store in case you haven't been there yet.

Also you should look into joining the Spokane Walleye Club. They meet the last Wednesday of every month at the Big Game Council building on Market Street at 7:00pm. You will get lots of great info. This week's speaker is talking about fishing the Spokane Arm of Lake Roosevelt.