Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
How do you watch Fishing TV Shows? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 12-28-2018, 09:06 AM
Minnow

Default How do you watch Fishing TV Shows?

I recently saw an interesting thread on Facebook that asked anglers how they are viewing their Fishing TV shows? With Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc. I was wondering how many people (and what age demographic) are now watching all of their fishing shows on (YouTube, Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.) vs. how many are still watching on cable channels (Fox Sports, NBC Sports, WFN or Outdoor Channel)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2018, 09:17 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgarstecki View Post
I recently saw an interesting thread on Facebook that asked anglers how they are viewing their Fishing TV shows? With Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc. I was wondering how many people (and what age demographic) are now watching all of their fishing shows on (YouTube, Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.) vs. how many are still watching on cable channels (Fox Sports, NBC Sports, WFN or Outdoor Channel)?
I have never watched anything on Netflix, Amazon and only one or two on You Tube. In addition I don't click on links here leading to guys obliviously looking only for clicks.

Anything I watch is on DirecTv.
Old 12-28-2018, 09:44 AM
Keeper

Default Directv vs Dish

I currently have DTV and not happy with the service and they do not have Pac 12 so thinking of switching to Dish Network. Anyone have direct experience with the two?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2018, 09:57 AM
Wallhanger

I gave up on hunting and fishing shows years ago. When I get into fishing is when I am on the rod grip not watching someone else on a scripted and cut show. Not finding fault with those that do. Just me.
Have a great day.
Jim
Old 12-28-2018, 10:09 AM
Keeper

I have recently been enjoying watching John Gillespie Woods and Waters on YouTube. I do not think it's available on my local channels.
Old 12-28-2018, 10:10 AM
Wallhanger

I have DishNetwork. Sportsmans ch., Outdoor ch., Fox Sports North. I don't subscribe to it but they also offer WFN.
Old 12-28-2018, 10:18 AM
Wallhanger

I watch most on Youtube some on channel 21 (Action). Fox Sports Outdoors West on Youtube, etc. I don't have cable, or a dish, just over the air channels and youtube.

"Love is something more stern and splendid than mere kindness."

C.S. Lewis
Old 12-28-2018, 10:25 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cclawman View Post
I currently have DTV and not happy with the service and they do not have Pac 12 so thinking of switching to Dish Network. Anyone have direct experience with the two?
I was one of the first to ever have DirecTV and back then you had to install it yourself. I did that and installed several others for friends and family over those years.

I have since dumped DirecTV as it's nothing more then a wireless cable tv service.

We now have a rooftop antenna feeding a TiVo box that can record all our shows for FREE. We get about 35 channels with the antenna and the reception is excellent, better then cable or satellite.

If you have high speed cable you might get the Pac 12 through other services like Fubo......check around.

As far as fishing shows on TV, I stopped watching them because they are really nothing more then outdoor commercials. I have about 20 VHS tapes of the In Fisherman Shows that were packed with how to catch fish info.
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
Old 12-28-2018, 10:37 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Winds View Post
I was one of the first to ever have DirecTV and back then you had to install it yourself. I did that and installed several others for friends and family over those years.

I have since dumped DirecTV as it's nothing more then a wireless cable tv service.

We now have a rooftop antenna feeding a TiVo box that can record all our shows for FREE. We get about 35 channels with the antenna and the reception is excellent, better then cable or satellite.

If you have high speed cable you might get the Pac 12 through other services like Fubo......check around.

As far as fishing shows on TV, I stopped watching them because they are really nothing more then outdoor commercials. I have about 20 VHS tapes of the In Fisherman Shows that were packed with how to catch fish info.
Me too, the youtube Fox fishing has no commercials, it stops where there is one and at the end they push fishing gear, I don't mind.

"Love is something more stern and splendid than mere kindness."

C.S. Lewis
Old 12-28-2018, 10:40 AM
Wallhanger

in my garage sitting in my boat on my garage tv/roku setup.

Tags
fishing tv , streaming , tv shows