Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Alaskan fishing lodge/outfitter - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Old 10-10-2019, 07:33 PM
Minnow

Default Alaskan fishing lodge/outfitter

Anyone have recommendations for a good Alaskan salmon fishing lodge?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2019, 07:08 AM
Keeper

I can't name any but google search around Homer and Valdez Alaska. Spent some time there in Aug and Sept and there are tons of outfitters.
Old 10-11-2019, 08:25 AM
Wallhanger

Depends on what species of salmon you want to target. Most combine salmon fishing with halibut as well.
What part of Alaska are you planning on seeing and what month?

2015 Alumacraft T-195
Yamaha 200
Ulterra w/Ilink 112
Helix 10SI w/GPS

2019 Lowe 1852 Aura
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2019, 07:31 PM
Minnow

Waterfall Resort.
Old 10-12-2019, 11:21 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderjet View Post
Depends on what species of salmon you want to target. Most combine salmon fishing with halibut as well.
What part of Alaska are you planning on seeing and what month?
I agree. My first trip to Alaska was full of anticipation however I went in the last week of June to the Kenai and the timing was totally off. The first run of Kings were done. There were some sockeyes (Reds) in the Russian river but that isn't fishing. Silvers didn't start till August. I suggest you think about where you want to go first then do some research via the Alaskan Department of Fish and Game. Here is an excellent link: https://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cf...shingInfo.main

It has a ton of great information. The first place I'd look is the run timing to get an idea of what species is running when. Then there are a lot of good outfitters that can give you a realistic lay of the situation at the time you are planning on going. The same is applicable to saltwater target fish and timing. After a great trip (they are all great in Alaska) at the end of June but mediocre salmon fishing our next trip was better planned out and we fished in the middle of August for Silvers, amazing for sure. Alaska has a definite rhythm to it's fishing. High tide times are great for salmon in the rivers for fishing but you want the low tide times for Halibut otherwise your fishing with 6 pound weights. We looked at fish counts, tide charts, information by area and made some great choices. Do your homework, just because you are in Alaska doesn't mean there are salmon everywhere. Besides it's really interesting reading for sure.
Old 10-13-2019, 05:45 PM
Keeper

Thumbs up alaska package

full package check out R W soldotna......complete w/lodging, guides and access right out your door to the Kenia.....i know they offer a discount for early bookings...ive been there twice dont believe you can get more for your money ....good luck!!!! you can opt out of the party boat halibut trip and up grade to a six-pack boat m2cents

Last edited by crankerGuy; 10-13-2019 at 05:50 PM.
Old 10-14-2019, 08:55 AM
Keeper

Default heads-up

anytime we fly to Alaska by plane we send your fishing rods by U S postal service this is much cheaper and convenient....at the airport....[they treat a rod tube as a piece of luggage]..good travels!!! addition to above post....RWfishing.com

Last edited by crankerGuy; 10-14-2019 at 09:04 AM.
Old 10-14-2019, 10:02 AM
Minnow

We used Alaska Wilderness Outfitters out of Cordova this July. They have different options depending on budget and what type of experience you are looking for. We stayed in the floating cabin and fishing was exceptional. Nice people. Feel free to ask any questions specific to your plans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-14-2019, 12:44 PM
Slot Fish

Some years ago I fished at Anvik River Lodge, first rate. We were there for the silver run. I have on a number of fall trips fished the Manistee River in Mi w guide Jeff Topp. Jeff's main gig is as the head guide at Katmai Lodge. He speaks glowingly of the fish and facilities there at Katmai - though I have yet to make that trip. Were I looking solely for salmon that would be my next destination. I have for 8 years gone to Doc Warners. That is for us primarily a halibut destination though the salmon are a large part of the many boxes of fish we return with each year. Doc Warners is unique in that it is self guided, we run our own (assigned) boats. Lots of choices in Alaska have fun exploring the options.
Old 10-14-2019, 01:24 PM
Wallhanger

Salmon can be had in the great lakes.

If I go to alaska I want to catch some sheefish or fish the saltwater for rockfish and other mysterious beings. I am sure the salmon fishing is great. But I've done that on lake michigan, lake superior, Huron, and a few rivers around the great lakes.

Good luck though, I hope you find a good outfitter and get into some big kings.