Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Valley sport and marine ripped me off now what - Page 12 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Bone Orchard > WC Bone Yard

Old 10-23-2019, 06:38 PM
Keeper

[QUOTE=Hoffy128;6366482]Donny,

I am glad to hear you have a resolution on your boat. See that you have already been judged by some members who don’t hesitate to post their ignorant comments without knowing all the facts. The bottom line is when you buy a new home, car, boat, furniture or whatever it should be in like NEW condition.

I have been in your shoes. Not to long ago I bought a new Ford Expedition and took delivery at night in the rain. Realized next day there was minor damage and dealer wouldn’t warrant since I signed off. Lesson learned (again). When it comes to your hard earned money you can’t trust anymore.[/QUOTE]

After reading this exhausting thread, I gotta say that I am pretty shocked by some of the posts. This is a great forum with tons of knowledge and super nice folks. I'm in the market for a brand new boat and the shopping is half the fun. I can't imagine what the OP felt after spending 80k and excited to pick up his new boat, only to get home to a sh!t show of a finish coat. I'm guessing that the electronics were the icing on the cake. If the dealer was suggesting anything other than getting Lund on the horn to rectify this, i'd probably be calling my wife to bring bail money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2019, 06:40 PM
Wallhanger

Seriously you guys, you have to know that ol’ Donny is likely held hostage by the dealer and cant say a word more if he wants any resolution. Hence the silence. He raised ****, posted it all over the web, the dealer didn’t like his tactic, threatened him with slander, and likely told him if he wants a resolution, he’ll keep his mouth shut. Seems like stand up dealer. We all know they’ve read this thread and the other thread Donny posted on a local North Dakota outdoors website. Based on his reply, if you can’t see what’s going on, your blind. The dealer could of course respond to this thread but we’ll never get full story and Donny won’t be allowed to set the record straight so I guess this is where it ends.

All I can say is I hope it works out for Donny, I’m the pickiest som***** you’ve ever met when it comes to my boat and I would have some real heartburn with a less than perfect finish on a brand new boat. When things go to shop for repairs, especially major repairs, it’s rare it’ll ever be as good as factory new. I can tell you there are excellent dealers in the area, they might not sell Lund’s, but they can do your engine warranty work or any of your regular service work. I have zero problem recommending Swenson RV and Marine and North Country Marine. I’ve done business with both and have nothing but good to say about each of them. just saying, once you get done with your resolution, you have some other options..
Old 10-23-2019, 06:41 PM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=Donny;6366468]Hey I apologized and said I was wrong what more do you want.[/QUOTE]

I can admitt I make a mistake too for my insenstive remarks above, my appologise. But I for one, am extremely interested what was the repair to satisfy you based on your posted comments?

Marty
Old 10-23-2019, 08:13 PM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=Marty59;6366498]I can admitt I make a mistake too for my insenstive remarks above, my appologise. But I for one, am extremely interested what was the repair to satisfy you based on your posted comments?

Marty[/QUOTE]

Brand new boat was the only thing he was willing to accept. Must have got one. Dealer went from crappiest piece of dirt on earth to being the greatest ever and highly recommended. Funny how that works out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-23-2019, 08:20 PM
Wallhanger

Good gosh, does anybody actually read a thread anymore. Donny states in his last post he’s keeping the boat.........................keep up.

Now take a few minutes and think why he is now saying the dealer is the best ever........🤔.
Old 10-23-2019, 08:23 PM
Keeper

Default Resolution

Hopefully Donnie learned something here, along with getting the boat issue resolved.
I for one would never sign papers on a new boat, hooking it up and taking it home, without looking at it a little more closely, and maybe outside in the light, versus a dark showroom.

Inspect what you expect.
Old 10-23-2019, 09:19 PM
Minnow

Look guys me and the owner talked they admitted they messed up and I messed up, but the end outcome is they made it right I’m happy with what we came up with. In the end they could have said tough **** but they took care of it and guaranteed me flawless repair. I learned a great deal on buying this boat. Vallely did not tell me to post or not to post or to give them praise. I felt this was the right thing to do. All my earlier posts were speculation without talking with the owner.