Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
2019 ZV21 with a 250 v8 verado?? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 10-28-2019, 07:49 AM
Wallhanger

Default 2019 ZV21 with a 250 v8 verado??

I am considering buying a leftover 2019 zv21 with a 250 v8 verado. Does anyone have any experience with this boat/motor combination? Did you wish you would have bought more hp?
It has a bravo 1 prop upgrade. They are offering 4500 off right now so with 4k in upgrades and the rebate the boat is around 56k. I think the website says 53-57mph with this motor. My zv18 runs 47-51 so it looks like speed would be an improvement but I really want the extra 3ft in length and the extra storage. I would love one with max hp but I fish a few bass tournaments and I am limited to 250hp and I can't afford 2 decked out fishing boats. Anyway, i appreciate anyone's input.
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2019, 08:06 AM
Slot Fish

Don't forget that you can get your 250 Verado V8 to 325 HP with Simon Motorsport if needed

The cost of that would be around 1 000$...

You might be able to grind a bit more deal of that left over since it is "underpowered".
Old 10-28-2019, 08:45 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by benltr View Post
Don't forget that you can get your 250 Verado V8 to 325 HP with Simon Motorsport if needed [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]

You might be able to grind a bit more deal of that left over since it is "underpowered".
I was thinking the same about a tune for that motor. I read somewhere that simon motorsports now offers a kit to do the tunes yourself. You can tune it then put it back to a factory tune if need be.
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2019, 10:20 AM
Wallhanger

My old man runs a ZV21 with the ProXS 250 (2 stroke). Its not a bad setup and runs decent. 53-55MPH is all we can get out of it. It's propped and has a jackplate. You may get a touch more out of the V8 but its hard to say.

After getting to run a ZV21 with the 350SCi this weekend you can really tell the difference in the 100HP. It's amazing to feel the difference in the same hull with different size outboards.

But I will say I have never been disappointing in his boat. It isn't a speed demon by any means, but it is awesome in rough water.
NPAA #803
Old 10-30-2019, 06:59 PM
Wallhanger

I will be sending some pics of my boat to the BPS to see what they will give me for a trade in. If the trade price is agreeable I will probably buy the ZV21. I just had a buddy over that knows how to buff and polish without ruining a finish. I had some dock rash in a few spots. Everything came out except a few small marks but for a 5yr old boat I guess it should be expected. I have seen 5 year old boats in a lot worse shape.
Has anyone been able to get BPS to throw anything in when they purchased a new boat? Like maybe a heck of a deal on a new Lowrance unit.
Old 11-03-2019, 08:43 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by egladding View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by benltr View Post
Don't forget that you can get your 250 Verado V8 to 325 HP with Simon Motorsport if needed [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]

I was thinking the same about a tune for that motor. I read somewhere that simon motorsports now offers a kit to do the tunes yourself. You can tune it then put it back to a factory tune if need be.
Yes, you buy the cables and interface unit.......Simon sends your tune to you . You install the tune via your laptop with the Simon interface unit.......the process is pretty quick and can be put back to stock just as quickly.......maybe five minutes. It’s definitely more costly.......but to have the ability to swap back to stock or perhaps find tune one of Simon’s popular tunes is very nice to have.

2017 Lund 1900 Tyee
Mercury 200 Verado Pro
Mercury 15hp Pro Kicker
Humminbird 12.1" Solix
Old 11-04-2019, 12:14 PM
Minnow

I purchased a 2019 ZV21 with the V8 Verado 250 this past fall. So far I've been satisfied with it's performance. It get's on pad easily and handles rough water very well. Top speed loaded has been 53-54 MPH so it's not a speed demand, but I knew I was sacrificing some performance to do the same thing you do fish a few Bass tourney's. I did drop to a 20.5 Bravo I which helped but I could still use some additional RPM's. More fine tuning to do... All in all for what I do "Multi-Specie" fishing it's been an enjoyable boat.
Old 11-04-2019, 01:51 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyriver View Post
I purchased a 2019 ZV21 with the V8 Verado 250 this past fall. So far I've been satisfied with it's performance. It get's on pad easily and handles rough water very well. Top speed loaded has been 53-54 MPH so it's not a speed demand, but I knew I was sacrificing some performance to do the same thing you do fish a few Bass tourney's. I did drop to a 20.5 Bravo I which helped but I could still use some additional RPM's. More fine tuning to do... All in all for what I do "Multi-Specie" fishing it's been an enjoyable boat.

53-54 is still more than I get now with my ZV18. I can run 50 loaded going downriver, 47-48 upriver. I bet that zv21 with a tune would hit around 60mph. Did you get the bravo prop that came with the boat as a stock prop? Is it the Bravo FS or the Bravo LT? If it didn't come with the boat what prop came on it? This one has the bravo prop option. I wonder if they all get the same pitched bravo prop if you add the option or if they all get what tested best with each motor?
Old 11-04-2019, 01:58 PM
Minnow

It came with a Bravo I 21P and I'm now trying the 20.5 which has helped increase my RPM's and 1 MPH.
Old 11-04-2019, 02:01 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyriver View Post
It came with a Bravo I 21P and I'm now trying the 20.5 which has helped increase my RPM's and 1 MPH.
Was it the Bravo 1 FS or Bravo 1 LT?