Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Some help with replacing bearings - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Home Grown Tackle > HGT General Discussion

Old 05-27-2019, 10:07 AM
Keeper

Default Some help with replacing bearings

Have a Morrum 5600 and am having some trouble finding what size the spool bearings are. Want to replace with ceramic bearings. Looking at parts #23366 and #23367. Scratching around on the net and haven't been able to get a size. Hoping somebody can give me help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2019, 10:34 AM
Wallhanger

Boca Bearings lists this kit for your reel. These are ABEC 5 bearings:

https://www.bocabearings.com/product...ure=BAITCASTER

When I put new bearings in my reels, I worked with these guys and got ABEC 7 bearings from them. I would give them a call and see if they can help you. They were really nice to work with.

https://www.dadsoletackle.com

I bought the unshielded bearings. They are very easy to clean.

These ceramic hybrid bearings are nosier than the standard bearings but are silky smooth. It was like having brand new reels.

Frank
Old 06-16-2019, 10:03 AM
Wallhanger

Late reply, but all you need to do is take out your current bearings and measure them with calipers. Then buy ceramic bearings of the correct size and you are good to go! It's impossible for a bearing store to list a kit for every real, but I guarantee you they have the correct bearings for your reel.