Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Moving to Roanoke, VA - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Old 04-07-2021, 01:37 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by repoman View Post
I am relocating from our West Fargo, ND RDC building and moving to our Roanoke, VA plant by the end of Summer early fall 2020. I want to know how the walleye fishing is in Claytor Lake Res just south and a little west of Roanoke. I now about the strippers in Smith Mountain Lake also. I am planning on keeping my 1900 Lund Pro V.
Thanks for any info
My son lives in Charlottesville, VA and has been trying to get us to move there for several years. Not many lakes in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Lake Anna is the closest I know of but haven’t had much success on finding good HONEST fishing info on Anna. He’s been to Smith Mountain but that’s about a 3 hour ride....too far for me to do frequently. I love crappie fishing if they are 12” and up. Also don’t mind bass fishing but I wouldn’t eat them. If you stumble on some good lakes Please let me know.

Bob
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2021, 03:00 PM
cutting edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by REW View Post
OR, you may be so busy with your new job, home and your family that the boat stays dry and off the water. It is all about priorities. Family and income comes first.
Perfect....we should all give up fishing and just work and stay home with the family....oh, you can take long breaks from family time to make thousands of post on fishing sites though because that is priority!

To the op...good luck with your new location and enjoy chasing walleye in Va.
Old 04-07-2021, 05:39 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Winds View Post
My son lives in Charlottesville, VA and has been trying to get us to move there for several years. .....
Anna upper half of the cold side fishes decent for crappie and bass. Lower half of cold side has had all habitat stripped. I never fished the hot side due to lack of access. Crazy busy on weekends, won't even go joyride as it is dangerously ground IMO.
In town is the James River, fantastic smallmouth fishery, get a jet outboard on a 1648 jon boat and you are good for 90% of the river. New river isn't too far away either. But for walleye, you will have to travel to Smith Mtn or further.
Old 04-08-2021, 01:14 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfish View Post
Anna upper half of the cold side fishes decent for crappie and bass. Lower half of cold side has had all habitat stripped. I never fished the hot side due to lack of access. Crazy busy on weekends, won't even go joyride as it is dangerously ground IMO.
In town is the James River, fantastic smallmouth fishery, get a jet outboard on a 1648 jon boat and you are good for 90% of the river. New river isn't too far away either. But for walleye, you will have to travel to Smith Mtn or further.
I figured Anna would be crazy busy all the time since it’s the only lake around. Please explain the hot and cold sides more. I know it has a power plant on it so....................
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra