Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
General Transducer Power Question - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 07-21-2021, 12:10 PM
Keeper

Default General Transducer Power Question

I know transducers have thier own power. Example, Airmar, and 300/600 Watts, and 1Kw, etc.

Is there any place that you can find the watts of a HB or Lowrance transducer?

I have looked all over trying to find the Power Watts of the Lowrance AI3N1, and the HB XM-9-20-MSI.

I have looked @ manuals for both, and looked for the Spec's, but did not find them, anyone know a place online that has this info? Or where I could find it?

I have found "Declarations of Conformity", "Install Manuals", "Rooster Tail Plug Manual" and all sorts of various stuff, but not the Wattage of the transducers.

If you can help, Thanks

OE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2021, 03:57 PM
Wallhanger

I think the Humminbird max power output is 500 watts RMS and 4000 watts peak to peak.
Old 07-22-2021, 06:07 AM
Wallhanger

Most HB units show 8,000 P to P and 1,000 RMS. Listed under "spec's" on the HB site for each unit. The smaller units (5 and 7")show what KP posted. Bob

Last edited by Ozark Bob; 07-22-2021 at 06:11 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2021, 06:13 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark Bob View Post
Most HB units show 8,000 P to P and 1,000 RMS. Listed under "spec's" on the HB site for each unit. Bob
Ozark Bob,

I have seen that, and that was for the Graph itsself. If I understand corrctly, that is what the graph can handle from a transducer, not the transducer itself.

This page from AirMar.com shows transducer power.
https://airmar.com/productinfo.html?...%20Transducers

I am looking to see what at Lowrance or HB Transducer would be for power, that is power is what I cannot find.

OE
Old 07-22-2021, 06:29 AM
Wallhanger

Understood, those are the maximum outputs available. The transducers demand for power is rated in their stats.
Old 07-22-2021, 07:05 AM
Wallhanger

To be clear, Each transducer can have several elements. SI(2),DI and 2D. One very powerful 2D transducer could have as much as 1,000 Watts. Not sure what your question pertains to specifically, but as long as the finder has enough power to satisfy the demand you can get the full benefit of that transducers capability. Except for a few transducers that are not made for your unit you can be sure it will be within the units capabilities. That may be why Airmar is the only one publishing those numbers. JMO Bob
Old 07-22-2021, 08:00 AM
Keeper

Quote:
To be clear, Each transducer can have several elements. SI(2),DI and 2D. One very powerful 2D transducer could have as much as 1,000 Watts. Not sure what your question pertains to specifically, but as long as the finder has enough power to satisfy the demand you can get the full benefit of that transducers capability. Except for a few transducers that are not made for your unit you can be sure it will be within the units capabilities. That may be why Airmar is the only one publishing those numbers. JMO Bob
I know they have elements, and possibly additional elemnets depending on make and model.

Question is where can I find the information, for Lowrance, and HB, (Not the Graph) but of the transducers provided by them when you buy the/any graph. Say a new HDS Live 9, w/ AI3N1 transducer, or a Solix w/ the XM-14-20MSI

Where can I find that transducer power? I want to know what the power of the transducer is, that comes with the graph, any graph, HB or Lowrance, not that of the graph, that is readly published.

In my searching, I have come to the conclusion, that its not posted, or published at this time, by Lowrance, or HB.

OE
Old 07-22-2021, 10:12 PM
Keeper

I’m wondering if HB or Lowrance would be able to answer this on a phone call - say reference a technical document (pdf style) or provide a link. Its a good question. Has me wondering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-23-2021, 04:56 AM
Wallhanger

I know mine is a very old unit but still works and does what I need. It's a Lowrance lcx38c HD and came with a duel transducer something like 200/400 that's not the right number but you get the idea. but one is for shallow water and the other is for deeper water. but it's the wide cone vs the narrow come. and I'm not sure if the higher power is the wider or narrower cone. but I think the reason they don't list this is that most units don't come with the transducer but let you choose what you want,

go to their site and check out the transducers for the unit you want and see if they give the numbers you want.
Old 07-23-2021, 05:19 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Most HB units show 8,000 P to P and 1,000 RMS. Listed under "spec's" on the HB site for each unit. The smaller units (5 and 7")show what KP posted. Bob
Thanks Bob.