Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
New Furniture - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 11-26-2021, 05:01 AM
Wallhanger

Default New Furniture

Our furniture is getting old and worn out so I decided to go look for a new recliner for starters. Came out of the store after purchasing two power leather recliners and a power reclining leather sofa also. Decided to save some money and eliminate a love seat. Good quality with the Flexsteel brand. They had this in stock and I found most places had a 4-8 month wait. I pulled the pin to the tune of $7800 delivered. It has been two days and I am still debating the price. It was $2100 for each recliner and $3400 for the sofa. I am retired with a middle class income, but this really is hard to accept. Do I cancel and keep shopping or bite the bullet and have it delivered? Thoughts are appreciated! Just seems like a lot of money for three pieces of furniture
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2021, 05:07 AM
enjoy it

Default enjoy it

Just went through same thing about a year ago. That type of furniture is high priced but just the way it is. Flexsteel is top quality stuff and you always end up getting what you pay for. Just enjoy it and don't look back.
Old 11-26-2021, 05:56 AM
Keeper

I would have it delivered, as the old lady and I say, “quality is remembered long after price is forgotten”. Our time share is all Ashley and my suggestion is to cover the furniture in plastic as it always looks new then.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2021, 07:46 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooky View Post
Our furniture is getting old and worn out so I decided to go look for a new recliner for starters. Came out of the store after purchasing two power leather recliners and a power reclining leather sofa also. Decided to save some money and eliminate a love seat. Good quality with the Flexsteel brand. They had this in stock and I found most places had a 4-8 month wait. I pulled the pin to the tune of $7800 delivered. It has been two days and I am still debating the price. It was $2100 for each recliner and $3400 for the sofa. I am retired with a middle class income, but this really is hard to accept. Do I cancel and keep shopping or bite the bullet and have it delivered? Thoughts are appreciated! Just seems like a lot of money for three pieces of furniture
You just have to decide how many $ is the comfort of your Keister worth as you watch the inflation numbers climb on TV.
Old 11-26-2021, 09:02 AM
Slot Fish

If you belong to Costco check out their leather furniture. We just bought some. We are very happy and impressed with the furniture. Their furniture is priced delivered and ours went to Stone Lake WI in the middle of nowhere.
Old 11-26-2021, 10:21 AM
Wallhanger

Never look back, have it delivered and enjoy it as it likely will outlast you. It's like a new women or new boat, use it and enjoy it if you can afford it.
Old 11-26-2021, 11:05 AM
Keeper

Nothing like buying quality, enjoy your self,
I’m sure you deserve it!
Buying low quality things never work out in the end!
Old 11-26-2021, 11:40 AM
Keeper

I would never pay that much for a couch and/or chair.

I guess there are certain things I pay more for based on quality...furniture is not one of them. I wouldn't be able to tell the difference in sitting on a $3400 sofa versus sitting on a $1200 sofa from Slumberland...

I just paid $600 for a recliner for the cabin from Milaca Unclaimed Freight. I was hesitant about paying that price. I could have got a similar recliner for half that at Slumberland....by the way the recliner took 8 months to get.

Last edited by stout93; 11-26-2021 at 11:56 AM.
Old 11-26-2021, 03:34 PM

I bet you'd notice the difference 10 years from now.
Old 11-26-2021, 07:25 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman10 View Post
Nothing like buying quality, enjoy your self,
I’m sure you deserve it!
Buying low quality things never work out in the end!
Agreed, we had the choice of Summer or Winter timeshare in Branson. Summer was 20 percent more money but we each worked some OT and went with it. Much prefer Summer in Branson and Winter in the Keys