Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lowrance Suggestions/Advice - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 04-10-2015, 10:37 PM
Minnow

Default Lowrance Suggestions/Advice

Hi All,

Long time reader, first time caller...

Now that my kids are older we finally have time to enjoy the water again. I have recently became a boat owner (again). I am very excited!!

The boat I have purchased includes a Lowrance LCM-X17M which I plan to use for at least this season possibly longer. The bow is wired for Lowrance but no finder was included. I will be in search of a previously enjoyed or possibly new (if compatible) unit for the bow.

Does anyone have any suggestions on some older models or compatibe newer models that they have had good luck with and would be worth a try? All Lowrance cables are blue connectors.

One note: the boat also includes a Minn Kota Power Drive (original) 80 lb with autopilot and US (Not US2). It would be nice to find a locator that can take advantage of the built in transducer, but not a requirement.

Thanks for any input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2015, 11:55 PM
Wallhanger

Depending on your budget I would move the 17 to the bow. You could then get one of the color finder gps for console. Just do not get to small a screen size as running fishfinders and gps split screen would be a issue. I think finding a US 1 adapter chord would be a issue.

Tags
lowrance , minn kota