Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
North Branch Susquehanna River - Page 99 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 10-25-2019, 05:08 PM
Minnow

caught a couple, not like spring but it was nice to get out. Level was a little higher then we like and color was to brown, also got a couple catties and 1 decent smallie...all in all in was a good trip and definably better then being at work..not sure how much we are going to get out anymore. Bowhunting will be my main priority for the next 3 weeks and then coyote trapping so it may be while till I can get out. Either way it was a good day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2019, 07:02 AM
Wallhanger

I miss this thread, learned a lot from it, good reads, however, I think one too many a fishing spot compromised? Always check for the updates, enjoy the nice walleye pics, but few and far in-between posts now- with the exception of Cope10. Would love to hear from Auctioneer, Grizzly, Shellback, etc., even about their spirits or health! Loved hearing the stories of a muskie taking one of Auctioneer's husky jerks, even though he was none too pleased!

But I digress, coming back home to PA for the week for Thanksgiving and some time off and very eager to fish the North Branch! Possibly a night on the Delaware, too, but looks like they want rain today into Sunday... I'll post back of numbers or lack thereof, but I assume may be tough to fish the river (getting in the area Saturday night) until maybe Tuesday. I suspect by Wednesday the water would be cleared up?

If nothing else, would love some accurate weather reports, river conditions along the North Branchas AccuWeather, Google weather varies in even wind speed, rainfall... Just better to look out one's window and judge...Even people's thoughts on when it might be a good night to get out and fish, a hello, if any of the locals made the WC annual fishing trip.

I'm also eager to try these yo-zuri lures I just picked up, as well. I will try to attach pic and I know we put out there about husky jerks succeeding, the jointed rapalas, seemingly the bigger the better, and most recently I had said or agreed I was doing okay with the countdowns...

Hopefully, we get a response or two, but those that are still reading thread, I want to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!! https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...89721ed2d5.jpg

Sent from my LM-X220 using Tapatalk
Old 11-23-2019, 04:34 PM
Minnow

I agree with what u say..im anxious to get back on river. I may have a chance friday. Im gunna watch conditions and the level looks like it should be pretty good, it will be my last chance for a couple weeks.
Old 11-24-2019, 07:06 AM
Wallhanger

Well, I got in Saturday night and it's been raining since. Probably give Blue Marsh (Reservoir/BerksCo.) a try tomorrow, try Leaser Lake (electric motors only) this afternoon just to knock the dust off the rods and see if there are any walleye in there, then do the North Branch Tuesday night.

Let me know if you got out Friday and how the North Branch is looking tomorrow in hopes it'll clear up and recede a little by Tuesday. Thanks! Eventually some of the classic thread posters will come out and comment... I hope!

Sent from my LM-X220 using Tapatalk
Old 11-24-2019, 04:51 PM
Minnow

Looks like the river will be good all week untill we get a good rain..if we get lucky enough to squeeze in friday i will report in
Old 12-15-2019, 04:22 PM
Minnow

Good to hear....we have not been able to get on the river like i would like to. With Thanksgiving then Deer hunting taking priority, now it looks like work may interfere. its just a hectic time of year then with the levels constantantly changing and the weather and having and hour drive to get there its just not working out, basically like every other year at this time. After the new year we usually hit it more when everything settles down. Good to hear a report, i always watch for reports. It kinda makes me feel like im there.
Old 02-07-2020, 06:18 PM
Minnow

I am planning to give it a shot tomorrow. I’ll post results.
Old 02-08-2020, 06:08 PM
Minnow

I spent a couple hours fishing in Tunkhannock. No luck.
Old 02-09-2020, 04:21 PM
Minnow

how was water conditions? Looks like it was a little high and off color? We plan on getting after them at the end of the month. Im gunna start stocking up on creek chubs here shortly.
Old 02-09-2020, 05:12 PM
Minnow

Yeah, it was a bit high and dirty. It was fishable though. I did see a guy catch a walleye.