Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye boat brands...what am I missing?? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 01-24-2011, 02:38 PM
Slot Fish

Question Walleye boat brands...what am I missing??

I'm been tourturing myself with shopping for a used walleye boat in the pacific northwest for the past couple of months. I'm not a rich man so I need a bargian but at the same time I'd like a little quality. I've gone through the discussions on what's good and what's bad. What will fall apart, etc. However I still keep looking at all brands of boats to see if I can find a good deal. I look at (in this order): Lund, Crestliner, Triton, Alumacraft, Starcraft, Lowe, G3, Smokercraft, Sylvan, Tracker, Fisher.
It's **** on wheels finding something that I really really want to go buy. By the time I make up my mind the good ones are usually gone.
Is there any hope??!!
Old 01-24-2011, 02:56 PM
Charter Member

The old adage "He who hesitates is lost" seems appropo! if you see one and like it buy it!
Old 01-24-2011, 03:17 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr ducks View Post
The old adage "He who hesitates is lost" seems appropo! if you see one and like it buy it!
Just wait till you purchase one and have something similar come available for less, or is a better deal.

Once you buy, stop shopping you are less likely to regret it.

Last edited by Pezman38; 01-25-2011 at 08:23 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2011, 03:44 PM
Keeper

Steelhead....welcome to the "Procrastinators club", I am not the president but I sure am moving up the ranks. I have been doing the same thing for going on 3 yrs....yes 3 yrs!

Do I regret not pulling the trigger? Only everyday! There have been at least 6 boats that I have decided to wait on and every time, I waited to long.

There is a saying that I used all the time when I was in the used car business "the vehicle you are looking at today is the same one someone else looked at yesterday!" Now, you and I are living it. We really should be old enough to know better, but it must be the penny pincher coming out.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:12 PM
Wallhanger

Default used boats

The good used market is booming,My neighbor bought a 06 used deck boat with 60 hrs sight un seen This thing is like brand new,and he sold his old deck boat in a week,Target what you want be patent and ready to throw the money on the table even if it is sight un seen good luck
Old 01-24-2011, 04:31 PM
Wallhanger

Boat show season is underway. Should be some of the best deals of the year. There are factory incentives and some 2010 holdovers in some locations.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:36 AM
grumppy

Default is this accepted??

outside advertising is not allowed on the boards

Last edited by pwrfshn; 01-25-2011 at 08:27 AM. Reason: outside advertising is not ok
Old 01-24-2011, 09:37 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelheadSlayer View Post
I'm been tourturing myself with shopping for a used walleye boat in the pacific northwest for the past couple of months. I'm not a rich man so I need a bargian but at the same time I'd like a little quality. I've gone through the discussions on what's good and what's bad. What will fall apart, etc. However I still keep looking at all brands of boats to see if I can find a good deal. I look at (in this order): Lund, Crestliner, Triton, Alumacraft, Starcraft, Lowe, G3, Smokercraft, Sylvan, Tracker, Fisher.
It's **** on wheels finding something that I really really want to go buy. By the time I make up my mind the good ones are usually gone.
Is there any hope??!!
I really have no idea what exists in the Northwest, but I know what you mean about a "quality" walleye boat. I also looked in the used market for a while. And after riding in way too many poor quality aluminum boats from all brands (in my opinion...of course) I decided to just go all out and get the Ranger 1850. 4 fishing seasons later...I still love it and haven't had 1 single moment of buyer's remorse.

Unfortunately, you can get cheap boats that certainly do the job....and you can get nice boats that cost more than you want and do the job in comfort. But you can't have your cake and eat it too...

Good luck!
Old 01-26-2011, 09:17 AM
Slot Fish

If it is a LUND.....buy it.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:06 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrappieKyle View Post
If it is a LUND.....buy it.
you spelled "alumacraft" wrong