Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
This guys reasoning why Evinrude went belly up - Page 10 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Old 06-08-2021, 06:18 AM
Keeper

I would think that BRP is close to starting production of the new Ghost drive. They must have a completed design if they are re tooling the plant? When the Alumacraft/Evinrude Ghost boat comes out I think we are going to see the biggest changes we have ever seen to aluminum boats ever. And the aluminum boat industry is due for some new technology. BRP is a very innovative company. BRP makes all other companies have to try harder. The final evolution of the G2 outboard including the newest small HP models are amazing motors. I hate to see them go, but trust that Evinrudes new propulsion system is a step forward for marine technology. Just sucks that they will only be sold at BRP stores. As much as I am loyal to Evinrude I am more loyal to my dealer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2021, 10:33 AM
Wallhanger

Location: Land of 10,000 lakes, even more taxes and the state where the police are handcuffed.

I would think their dealer network has shrunk significantly.
Old 06-08-2021, 01:02 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLADE BAIT View Post
I would think that BRP is close to starting production of the new Ghost drive. They must have a completed design if they are re tooling the plant? When the Alumacraft/Evinrude Ghost boat comes out I think we are going to see the biggest changes we have ever seen to aluminum boats ever. And the aluminum boat industry is due for some new technology. BRP is a very innovative company. BRP makes all other companies have to try harder. The final evolution of the G2 outboard including the newest small HP models are amazing motors. I hate to see them go, but trust that Evinrudes new propulsion system is a step forward for marine technology. Just sucks that they will only be sold at BRP stores. As much as I am loyal to Evinrude I am more loyal to my dealer.
And who would buy any new product from them after the way they treated their customers, dealers and employees ?
Old 06-08-2021, 04:05 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cialone View Post
And who would buy any new product from them after the way they treated their customers, dealers and employees ?
Not to mention their previous reliability issues.
Old 06-08-2021, 04:18 PM
Wallhanger

I’d be willing to “test” one for a couple years if they gave it to me. And blog about it or shoot videos or be interviewed regularly. It’d be a great promotion to have a regular Joe running the boat as well as pros. With a small stipend I’d be able to guarantee fishing four days a week minimum.
Old 06-08-2021, 04:35 PM
Wallhanger

Here's the thing, from what i gather and i may be wrong and if i am please correct me but the Ghost is kinda like the tesla of boats. Sounds like such a niche market, I mean there's still plenty of old 2 strokes running, how does BRP expect to sell any of these. Sure there might be a few but I don't think it's going to make everyone drop their 4 strokes. Did i also hear right that the boat has to be designed around the engine? How many manufactures will retool their molds for this? Unless it's just going to be married to Alumacraft and Manitou? I just don't get it.
9.9hp Tohatsu kicker
72" MK Ulterra Quest 36v
5 lithium batteries
MK PCL 460
Trollsmarter
3 12" graphs- Lowrance Live,Carbon and Simrad EVO 3
Simrad is40
Lowrance 3d
Airmar tm165hw
Lowrance 3in1
Lenco 4x12 trimtabs
Traxstech 72" tracks, Berts 24" tracks on each gunnel
2 Big Jon Capt packs riggers
Lowrance autopilot
MK 15' Talon
Old 06-11-2021, 04:02 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
X2

Waxy
Old 06-12-2021, 05:21 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
The answer is Bobby Winds!
Old 06-12-2021, 05:22 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
X2

Waxy
LOL ....see answer above!
Old 06-12-2021, 11:49 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLADE BAIT View Post
I would think that BRP is close to starting production of the new Ghost drive. They must have a completed design if they are re tooling the plant?.
Maybe, but they're not saying anything about it. I have a strong suspicion that project ghost and M are electric or possibly hybrid drives. Electric will be the next big thing in recreational boating propulsion and IMO it would be stupid to build a piston stern drive or I/O and call it "revolutionary" because those have been around for years. So my bet is that the next Evinrude will be electric.