Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Table Rock Walleye - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Old 06-06-2019, 03:20 PM
Keeper

Default Table Rock Walleye

Every year we go to Table Rock for a family Reunion and Bass fishing. I live in Kansas , Iowa originally, and grew up on family vacations off Cass Lake. While I prefer to walleye fish, I love Table Rock lake to bass fish as well. Each year we usually land a few walleyes, bass fishing. This year I am going to spend some dedicated time targeting the walleye. Table Rock has some nice walleyes in it, though a bit on the skinny side, but still a viable, untargeted population. I have all my stuff ready and am looking forward to a week away from the tech world. A week of conversation with my distant family that I miss daily, and just relax. I will let you all know how the walleye bite is. Attached is a accidental walleye from last year bass fishing.
Anyone spend time targeting a species that isnt the dominate one one the lake?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1559855484165_1559855921548.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	310704  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2019, 07:00 PM
Wallhanger

Table Rock walleye get no pressure so I think it’s a good opportunity. I targeted walleye several years ago with crankbaits with no luck. If you can find a location with walleye, subtle walleye presentations may work well.
Old 06-08-2019, 10:54 PM
Keeper

Get a guide.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2019, 07:18 AM
Wallhanger

A guide is a great idea. If you don't go that route don't use techniques that sit on one location. They will be scattered and usually relating to Shad schools. Time of year changes location drastically. Winter and spring shallow works. Summer and fall they will be relating to the thermocline. Bob
Old 06-10-2019, 09:52 AM
Keeper

I have been fishing another Ozark lake, Greers Ferry near Table Rock for the past few years in May after the river spawning runs are over. The hybrid stripers have taken over that lake and I have seen hybrids literally run the walleye off the flats and points that used to be our go to places in the mornings and evenings for walleye. The point I am making is that since Table Rock doesn't have this hybrid issue yet you will probably find walleye from first thing until mid-morning and also right at dusk on traditional long extended points or around shallow humps that have deep water nearby. But any other time of day they will probably be schooled up and laying in the deep clear water over 30 ft. and extremely hard to entice to a bait.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:06 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by papadave View Post
I have been fishing another Ozark lake, Greers Ferry near Table Rock for the past few years in May after the river spawning runs are over. The hybrid stripers have taken over that lake and I have seen hybrids literally run the walleye off the flats and points that used to be our go to places in the mornings and evenings for walleye. The point I am making is that since Table Rock doesn't have this hybrid issue yet you will probably find walleye from first thing until mid-morning and also right at dusk on traditional long extended points or around shallow humps that have deep water nearby. But any other time of day they will probably be schooled up and laying in the deep clear water over 30 ft. and extremely hard to entice to a bait.
This was the ticket. Long gravel points, just on the edge and all were near deep water. This was our nicest 9ne, safely returned to the lake after a pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190613_182725_1560481542174.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	226.0 KB
ID:	310900  
Old 06-17-2019, 09:46 AM
Keeper

I may need to try Table Rock instead of Greer Ferry next time. Great job!