Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
New Lund Fisherman redesign - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 11-25-2021, 08:52 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Unless I missed it I don’t see a raw water wash down, that’s a miss! Salmon/trout tend to make a bloody mess!

I echo that statement 100%
Until I had one on my current rig, I didn't realize
how nice they are to have. Almost essential.
9.9hp Tohatsu kicker
72" MK Ulterra Quest 36v
5 lithium batteries
MK PCL 460
Trollsmarter
3 12" graphs- Lowrance Live,Carbon and Simrad EVO 3
Simrad is40
Lowrance 3d
Airmar tm165hw
Lowrance 3in1
Lenco 4x12 trimtabs
Traxstech 72" tracks, Berts 24" tracks on each gunnel
2 Big Jon Capt packs riggers
Lowrance autopilot
MK 15' Talon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2021, 08:17 AM
Keeper

Lund build tools show a wash down pump as an option. I have one on my 1800 Sport Angler and use it all the time. Must have!
Old 11-27-2021, 04:36 PM
Minnow

The TM batteries go under each console, which I dislike. I wish they had drawers under the consoles like the Pro V or Impacts. Overall I love the boat excluding the TM battery location. I am waiting for my dealer to provide a wiring diagram as I ordered mine in 36v (2 batteries under port and 1 under starboard). I plan on running a dedicated battery for my electronics on the starboard side but need to figure out where to put the 4 bank charger. There is a removable cap at the bottom of the center rod locker (not floor locker) and I’m assuming it will get mounted in there.

The wash down pump is an option.

In addition to the rear jump seats similar to the Tyee Magnum, there are toe holds around the gunwales. I have young kids so between the 29” cockpit depth and toe holds; this boat was perfect for me.

My Lund Alaskan 1800 was 22’ on the trailer. The Fisherman 1875 is only 22’3” which will allow me to put the boat straight into the garage vs angled, a big space saver.

Another local dealer has an 1875 Fisherman in stock. It has the Fishing package however did NOT come with a door on the port rod locker. My understanding is that both port and starboard sides should have doors when you order that option. The dealer I ordered from is confirming that but all of Lund’s stock photos show doors on both sides.

I have not received mine yet but do have some pics I took from another dealer’s boat if anyone needs some. Now if I could only get a delivery date I’d be able to write a review after using it…
Old 11-30-2021, 11:42 AM
Minnow

Default Rod locker door

Matt;
I have already contacted Lund about the port rod locker door that was not on our boat. There is supposed to be a door on it. They are sending the door.
Old 12-01-2021, 09:26 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckmaster7600 View Post
Unless I missed it I don’t see a raw water wash down, that’s a miss! Salmon/trout tend to make a bloody messSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Washdown system is an option.
Old 01-06-2022, 03:09 PM
Minnow

Brunswick bought Thunderjet in 2016. The Explorer/Luxor models would fill this niche but not as fancy and welded hull. Frank at Calumet Marine sells them but these Northwest style boats are not well represented in the midwest. Not sure why, they are well made, rugged and seem to be the perfect boat for the trolling market that the Fisherman is after. Crestliner has the Commander but not the build quality of the TJ. The Fisherman seems like the sports car version of this style boat, while the TJ is more like a pickup.
Old 01-06-2022, 06:52 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonysavagian View Post
Brunswick bought Thunderjet in 2016. The Explorer/Luxor models would fill this niche but not as fancy and welded hull. Frank at Calumet Marine sells them but these Northwest style boats are not well represented in the midwest. Not sure why, they are well made, rugged and seem to be the perfect boat for the trolling market that the Fisherman is after. Crestliner has the Commander but not the build quality of the TJ. The Fisherman seems like the sports car version of this style boat, while the TJ is more like a pickup.

Love that style boat as long as you have wavepros or smooth moves up front, with the console so far forward it can get bumpy. I was this close to getting that red TJ hardtop Explorer Frank had but really wanted a 20+ foot boat.
9.9hp Tohatsu kicker
72" MK Ulterra Quest 36v
5 lithium batteries
MK PCL 460
Trollsmarter
Simrad is40
Lowrance 3d
Airmar tm165hw
Lowrance 3in1
Lenco 4x12 trimtabs
Lowrance autopilot
MK 15' Talon
Old 01-08-2022, 03:53 AM
Wallhanger

I just went into the Lund boat builder and built a similar Lund to the Hewescraft I just ordered…….I can’t believe how expensive the Lund is.

I ordered a new Hewescraft for similar money that I think is much better equipped to troll big water, but to each their own.
Old 01-08-2022, 07:36 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by man164 View Post
I just went into the Lund boat builder and built a similar Lund to the Hewescraft I just ordered…….I can’t believe how expensive the Lund is.

I ordered a new Hewescraft for similar money that I think is much better equipped to troll big water, but to each their own.

If you want a pure fishing-trolling big water aluminum rig, it would hard to go wrong with any of the Pacific NW style,plate boats. Hewescraft, Thunderjet, Raider,Duckworth Alumaweld are all fine examples of these rigs that are not that popular in the midwest Walleye waters......yet. I have seen them popping up more and more though.

What model Hewescraft did you get man164?
9.9hp Tohatsu kicker
72" MK Ulterra Quest 36v
5 lithium batteries
MK PCL 460
Trollsmarter
Simrad is40
Lowrance 3d
Airmar tm165hw
Lowrance 3in1
Lenco 4x12 trimtabs
Lowrance autopilot
MK 15' Talon
Old 01-08-2022, 07:47 AM
Wallhanger

I ordered a 200 Pro V with a hard top and extended transom. I know not the same boat but similar enough purpose that I wanted to do a comparison in price. Price was closer than I thought it would be..

I see you installed a Trollmaster instead of I troll any reason?