Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Convert garmin 75SV for ice fishing - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 10-07-2019, 08:29 PM
Minnow

Default Convert garmin 75SV for ice fishing

Hi, want to use my 75SV for ice fishing. Expect I will need a different transducer, questions are which one and where best to source applicable case and battery to complete this. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2019, 11:15 PM
Wallhanger

https://www.reedssports.com/vexilar/...ng-case-151472

This is what I used. Mines packed away right now. You can just measure the space to see what size battery to use. You can get the battery at battery’s plus. Many other places also. You would want to pick up an extra power cable. Then crimp on some spade connectors to hook to the battery. Pick up a teardrop transducer with the foam float. I did find a transducer arm I mounted to the box. Using a clip you can adjust the transducer death with that. Less in the way without the float in the hole. It might have been a vexlar part.
Old 10-31-2019, 08:30 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by toula View Post
Hi, want to use my 75SV for ice fishing. Expect I will need a different transducer, questions are which one and where best to source applicable case and battery to complete this. Thanks in advance.
I just did this with my Helix 7 last year, you can purchase and/or make a shuttle out of wood. But you will need a power cable for your Garmin. A 12v 9 Ah battery will be plenty to last you all day. Then whichever transducer you decide GT10HN (high-narrow CHIRP) or GT8HW (High-wide CHIRP) and a float for the cable.

Alumacraft 175 Tourney Pro - 150 Merc, 8hp Tohatsu, Helix 9 SI/DI, 24v Terrova w/iPilot Link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2019, 01:29 PM
Keeper

You could just buy an ice fishing kit straight from Garmin. It might be cheaper to buy just a transducer and set everything else up yourself.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/63...n/010-12462-10
Old 11-17-2019, 06:55 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerHornen View Post
You could just buy an ice fishing kit straight from Garmin. It might be cheaper to buy just a transducer and set everything else up yourself.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/63...n/010-12462-10
I used the small case with my 7" garmin and I would recommend going with the bigger case. There is very little room for everything with the smaller case and It does not mount correctly with the 7".
Old 12-11-2019, 05:32 AM
Wallhanger

I have a 73dv that I want to use for ice fishing....but I can't find any reviews of how they are thru the ice. I'd hate to spend 100-200 bucks to find out it doesn't mark well in flasher mode. Any reviews on them thru the ice?