Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lund Crossover 1775 v Crossover 1885 - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 01-17-2021, 10:16 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowking View Post
I do like the old color design better also. Not to much need going higher then the 150. Almost all the 1875S are setup with the Merc 150 fourstroke. My boat is loaded down with a kicker motor and a bunch of fishing gear. Solo can easily get to 43 to 44 mph. Sometimes a little higher. Just make sure you get a good stainless prop for it. Something like a tempest. Or a four blade rev 4 for tubing. The four blade will hit your top speed down. The new changes are slide out drawers under the consoles. The even bigger change is they redid the front center rod storage. Now can fit 10 rods instead of five. They also redid that area so you should be able to fit a 10 amp per bank three bank charger. Before that without modifying some stuff. Normally could only fit at most a cheap 6 amp three bank. I just have a two bank 10 amp. With a single in the back for the starting battery. I see if I can find that YouTube video to stick on here. I have some pictures of mine on my album. Loaded down with my salmon stuff.
Here is the video.
https://youtu.be/N13m-FhV1T4
thanks. I appreciate the info on the 10 amp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2021, 07:01 AM
Wallhanger

If loading the boat is an issue for you take a look at a drotto. In going to purchase on soon.
Old 01-18-2021, 09:42 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Pothen View Post
If loading the boat is an issue for you take a look at a drotto. In going to purchase on soon.
Thank you. That's on my list as a must have option!
Old 01-18-2021, 09:47 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowking View Post
I do like the old color design better also. Not to much need going higher then the 150. Almost all the 1875S are setup with the Merc 150 fourstroke. My boat is loaded down with a kicker motor and a bunch of fishing gear. Solo can easily get to 43 to 44 mph. Sometimes a little higher. Just make sure you get a good stainless prop for it. Something like a tempest. Or a four blade rev 4 for tubing. The four blade will hit your top speed down. The new changes are slide out drawers under the consoles. The even bigger change is they redid the front center rod storage. Now can fit 10 rods instead of five. They also redid that area so you should be able to fit a 10 amp per bank three bank charger. Before that without modifying some stuff. Normally could only fit at most a cheap 6 amp three bank. I just have a two bank 10 amp. With a single in the back for the starting battery. I see if I can find that YouTube video to stick on here. I have some pictures of mine on my album. Loaded down with my salmon stuff.
Here is the video.
https://youtu.be/N13m-FhV1T4
Thanks for responding with the extra info. I looked at your photos. Your boat is handsome. I love the color scheme and the add ons. I really appreciate the advice and input. Hopefully, I will seal the deal this week if I find a boat that fits my needs.
Old 01-18-2021, 09:55 PM
Minnow

Thanks for all of the input on buying my first boat.

I've pretty much narrowed it down to a 1775 or 1875 Crossover or Impact that has a maxed out motor in terms of HP and can tow a tuber/wakeboarder.

I've got several leads so hope to find the right boat soon. I really appreciate all of the help on this group!

If anyone has a lead on a well maintained/low hours boat that fits, let me know!
Old 01-19-2021, 08:04 AM
Wallhanger

Anytime ! I fish alone quite a bit . anything to make things go easier at the ramp

Tags
alumacraft , crossover , impact , lund , trout