Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
When Did UPS Stop Using Trucks - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 04-20-2021, 09:42 AM
Keeper

I ordered from E trailer on April 14 and when I try track to the order all it tells me its been processed but no shipping info . In the past i would have had by now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2021, 10:58 AM
Wallhanger

I don't consider a package to be shipped until is has been received by UPS or another shipping company. It seems like everything bounces from location to location before being delivered. If I send a letter across town it goes to a sorting location 200 miles from here and then back here to be delivered.
Old 04-20-2021, 11:22 AM
Wallhanger

I have had Fedex deliver to my house on sunday 3 different times since Christmas. We have always used amazon for stuff we didn't need right away but the demand for ship to home orders must be absolutely ridiculous right now.
Old 04-20-2021, 11:47 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfishpa View Post
I ordered from E trailer on April 14 and when I try track to the order all it tells me its been processed but no shipping info . In the past i would have had by now.
I ordered from them on the 7th, got my delivery today. They didn't actually put it in the "mail" until the 14th. Two little items.
Old 04-20-2021, 01:04 PM
Wallhanger

I can understand delays given that so many more people are doing so much more of their shopping online, what gets me is that a high percentage of the packages that we get nowadays - from both FedEx and UPS, but more FedEx - are torn wide open, crushed to junk, etc. They just dump it on our doorstep, driveway or wherever and race away before we see what condition it's in. I guess it's been happening since about last Christmas.

A couple of weeks ago a moderately expensive item that I'd ordered and watched for didn't show up even though FedEx stated that it had been delivered to our doorstep. The one thing I knew was that was untrue. Found it the next day: The driver was too lazy or rushed to actually bring the package to our house but instead dropped it off somewhere on the rural highway running past our place in the vicinity of the entrance to our driveway - that's over 1/4 mile from the house - where it apparently got smashed to bits by a car and the pieces then got drenched in rain. I went to take out the trash and recycling and found the wreckage littering a good 50 ft of the road, so to add insult to injury I then had to clean the mess up.

The FedEx drivers (but not UPS) have also been driving well off of our driveway and leaving deep ruts in our lawn; looks like one of them scraped one of our trees in the wooded section with his truck, too. I suppose they're busy with their handheld devices rather than paying attention to their driving.

My nephew was a manager for FedEx for years. I asked him how to complain about the opened/damaged boxes and careless driving. He said, "Good luck! They don't really do anything about online complaints, and they won't share phone numbers that enable a person to speak with an actual human being at a FedEx office even with other FedEx offices."

Gerry

Last edited by gbin; 04-20-2021 at 01:06 PM.
Old 04-20-2021, 03:18 PM
Wallhanger

Welcome to “The Great Reset”.......
Old 04-20-2021, 03:24 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Winds View Post
When did UPS stop using trucks and went back to horse and buggy. I've waiting for a package to arrive from the Great State of Kentucky for a week since UPS took possession and started to ship it.
I think the answer to your question is obvious......UPS has figured out that they really don’t want to to deliver to you in Buffalo.......LOL......

I’m crying with you.......I’m still waiting for a package to show up from last October via USPS....and it originated 40 miles south of me....

You just can’t this kinda stuff up.....

PjShorthorn
Old 04-20-2021, 09:02 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fin Bender View Post
I had a UPS package stop moving just over a week ago. Going through a UPS claim, and a refund request from the seller right now. A first for me.
Also, I had a package delivered on SUNDAY by an Amazon owned truck. I live in the sticks. That was a double first.
Is something a miss in the shipping world?

Yup,...........It's busier than a normal Christmas rush and has been for over a year,....People are getting burned out, the carriers are running out of equipment,.....This is just the beginning, the worst is yet to come,...
Old 04-21-2021, 04:00 AM
Wallhanger

Now after 9 days of moving my small package from state to state UPS dumped it off to USPS.......god help me now.
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
Old 04-21-2021, 05:04 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Winds View Post
Now after 9 days of moving my small package from state to state UPS dumped it off to USPS.......god help me now.

Oh lord....you might be bamboozled for sure now.

PjShorthorn