Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Tennesse Real Estate - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 04-11-2021, 05:31 PM
Wallhanger

Default Tennesse Real Estate

I just sold my lake house of 10 years in Texas and would like to look in Tennesse for a place. We would like acreage with its own pond/lake/stream, at my wife's age and mostly my age we need to be near by some good medical facilities. In the past some of you have migrated to Tennesee, we have heard that Chattanooga is a good area. Thanks in advance for your thoughts and advice. Close to fishing lakes is great of course, not really into the lake house deal anymore. If you know someone in the Real Estate field names and number would be great.

Thanks!

"Love is something more stern and splendid than mere kindness."

C.S. Lewis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2021, 05:37 PM
Wallhanger

Location: Land of 10,000 lakes, even more taxes and the state where the police are handcuffed.

You do understand you can't be a Packer fan in Tennessee. I think it's a state law or something.
Old 04-11-2021, 05:58 PM
Wallhanger

Nashville, Chattanooga, and Knoxville are all riverfront towns with large reservoirs in the city and in the suburbs.

In Nashville, Rick Deckbar he is a casual fisherman but Nashville born and bred.
https://www.deckbar.com/

Likewise, in Chattanooga is Tammy Johnson, she has handle 6 or 7 real estate transactions for me.
https://www.coldwellbanker.com/Coldw...ohnson-336261a
If you want waterfront, Tyler Carden is the man as he spends half his time on the water and the other working (and he is fishing partners with my brother), he has lots of connections for waterfront homes in the Chattanooga area: https://www.coldwellbanker.com/Coldw...Carden-336285a

Knoxville, sorry I don't have any connections but it has the best walleye fishing of the 3 metro areas.

Things are popping in Nashville and Chattanooga (and I assume Knoxville), so it might be tough to shop from out of town (crazy like houses selling before hitting the market or only on the market 5 days).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2021, 09:26 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Minnesota guy View Post
You do understand you can't be a Packer fan in Tennessee. I think it's a state law or something.
Really, I was honored and loved in Texas. I think Dallas Cowgirl fans now truly hate the Packers more than the Eagles. What team is in Tennesse ... Oh the Titans the Packers have not ruined their dreams yet.

C.S. Lewis
Old 04-11-2021, 09:28 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfish View Post
Nashville, Chattanooga, and Knoxville are all riverfront towns with large reservoirs in the city and in the suburbs.

In Nashville, Rick Deckbar he is a casual fisherman but Nashville born and bred.

Likewise, in Chattanooga is Tammy Johnson, she has handle 6 or 7 real estate transactions for me.
If you want waterfront, Tyler Carden is the man as he spends half his time on the water and the other working (and he is fishing partners with my brother), he has lots of connections for waterfront homes in the Chattanooga area: https://www.coldwellbanker.com/Coldw...Carden-336285a

Knoxville, sorry I don't have any connections but it has the best walleye fishing of the 3 metro areas.

Things are popping in Nashville and Chattanooga (and I assume Knoxville), so it might be tough to shop from out of town (crazy like houses selling before hitting the market or only on the market 5 days).
Thank you! That is very helpful.

C.S. Lewis
Old 04-11-2021, 09:29 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfish View Post

Where do you live in SE Tennesse?

C.S. Lewis
Old 04-11-2021, 11:01 PM
Keeper

Default Come on over , just get rid of the cheese

ok, no packers fans allowed - or at least that's what all us bears fans have left here. Maybe you can give us a QB or a break for once........lol
Old 04-12-2021, 09:11 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by muskyman73 View Post
ok, no packers fans allowed - or at least that's what all us bears fans have left here. Maybe you can give us a QB or a break for once........lol
Da Bears fans are in Tennesse?? Give Da Bears a break, being a Packer fan does not afford me any influence on anything Packer Organization related. Da Bears now have Andy Dalton ... you should be good to go.

You could always root for the Titans, they were #1 in AFC South last season. One and done but hey they made it to the playoffs and won their Division.

C.S. Lewis
Old 04-13-2021, 05:08 AM
Wallhanger

I would recommend East Central Tn (Cookeville area), you have CenterHill Lake, Dale Hollow Lake, and Cordell Hull Lake close by. It is located on I 40 right between Nashville and Knoxville. Great fishing/boating for LM & SM bass, Walleye, Sauger, Stripers and Panfish. Been going there for 30 years on vacation twice a year. Will be leaving on the 26th of this month for the spring fishing trip.

Last edited by fishin10; 04-13-2021 at 05:11 AM.
Old 04-13-2021, 07:59 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishin10 View Post
I would recommend East Central Tn (Cookeville area), you have CenterHill Lake, Dale Hollow Lake, and Cordell Hull Lake close by. It is located on I 40 right between Nashville and Knoxville. Great fishing/boating for LM & SM bass, Walleye, Sauger, Stripers and Panfish. Been going there for 30 years on vacation twice a year. Will be leaving on the 26th of this month for the spring fishing trip.
Thank you for the information, sounds great!

C.S. Lewis