Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
2016 Walleye University Schedule - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Vendors > Vendor Deals

Old 01-12-2016, 02:02 PM
Wallhanger

Default 2016 Walleye University Schedule

World Champion Johnnie Candle & SCHEELS set to Present
Walleye University Schedule for 2016.

Fargo, ND – This marks the 16th year for professional angler Johnnie Candle’s Walleye University series. “When I first presented Walleye University in the spring of 2000, I never dreamed it would turn into 16 years of traveling and sharing my walleye fishing experience. The class has changed a lot in 15 years. Technology has been a big part of that and the fact that every day on the water is a learning experience. All I do in these classes is to share what I have learned the hard way over a 20 year career chasing walleye.”

This event covers as much walleye as you can in a day. The day will start with sessions on the mainstays of walleye fishing; jigging, rigging, spinners, and crank baits. “I call these the four cornerstones of walleye fishing. They cover the basics. Once you understand these foundations, you will become a very consistent angler.”

After lunch will be a presentation on marine electronics. “There have been many new advancements to marine electronics in the past few years. What was good 10 years ago is hard to even find in boats anymore. We will discuss why the new technology is so good and I will discuss interpretation until everyone is comfortable with what they are seeing under the water.”

A big part of Walleye University is a question and answer session that will not end until all questions are answered. “I want to make a concerted effort to get everyone’s questions answered. I have no idea what situations the anglers in attendance are facing so why try to guess? This way, everyone gets what they want out of the school. Each question seems to lead to another and before you know it we are out of time.”

The event will end with a very quick look at some of the hottest new gear available to the walleye angler. There will also be a drawing for door prizes and each person in attendance will receive a $20 gift card from SCHEELS.

Here is the 2016 SCHEELS Walleye University schedule:
Overland Park, KS will be held on Saturday, March 19th, 2016 from 9:00am until 4:00pm at SCHEELS; 6503 West 135th Street. To register for the class call SCHEELS at 913.897.3030 or visit in-store.

Sioux City, IA will be held on Sunday, March 20, 2016 from 9:00am until 4:00pm at the Marina Inn Hotel and Conference Center; 385 East 4th Street, South Sioux City, NE. To register for the class call SCHEELS at 712.252.1551 or visit in-store.

Rochester, MN will be held on Saturday, March 26th, 2016 from 9:30am until 4:30pm at SCHEELS; 1220 12th Street SW, Apache Mall. To register for the class call SCHEELS at 507.281.2444 or visit in-store.

ND will be held on Saturday, April 9th, 2016 from 9:00am until 4:00pm at SCHEELS; 1551 45th Street South. To register for the class call SCHEELS at 701.298.2918 or visit in-store.

The cost for all schools is $50.

Johnnie Candle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2016, 06:00 PM
Keeper

Thumbs up

Always enjoy your seminars.

Thanks for posting!
Humminbird onix 8 touch
Ulterra with link
2008 Mercury 4 stroke kicker
Old 03-20-2016, 05:43 PM
Slot Fish

Great seminar today, Johnnie! There's too much information, it could have been two or three days long!