Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Border grumblings - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2021, 09:27 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARDA 1 View Post
The last information I saw was that it was only the U.S. side of the border was going to open, allowing Canadians to cross into the U.S. . The Canadian side would remain closed to U.S. citizens and returning Canadians would be subject to quarantine. Did I miss something?
I cant see opening one without the other ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2021, 09:39 AM
Keeper

Default Grumblings

All my group, from young to old, will be fully vaccinated, if not already, by the time out late September/early October trip rolls around.
Recently, visiting my 97 year old mother-in-law required a self administered cotton swab test up the nose that takes 15 minutes. Thank God it's self administered and doesn't require a second person bent on reaching brain tissue.
This type of test could be available or proof of a recent test might suffice. I'm hoping for the best.
Old 06-05-2021, 09:53 AM
Minnow

Default thanks for the update

Thanks Obabikon for this information.

It's very helpful.

I have potential trips with my son to SASK and the NWT for late summer that I had assumed would not and could not happen. My son and I have made alternate travel and fishing plans, but now I will watch carefully to see if there is a chance we could get to into Canada for these trips.

I don't have plane tickets for those Canada trip, so if the border opens, it will create a scramble.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2021, 11:09 AM
Keeper

I believe the border will be open this summer. Fairly soon.

So much so that I am finishing up my staffing as I type this and will be fully operational in less than a week.

That's all I'm saying

-FT
Old 06-05-2021, 11:10 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaWalleye1978 View Post
All I want to know is will I be fishing lake of the woods July 4th weekend
If your going to fish LOW July 4 on the Canadian side,you may have to parachute down with your gear in hand
Old 06-05-2021, 11:20 AM
Wallhanger

The last day of summer is sept 22,I hope Ted is right
Old 06-05-2021, 11:34 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallychowder View Post
Canadians can currently fly to the US but Americans can't fly to Canada at the moment. So there is precedent for an unilateral opening.
Old 06-05-2021, 11:50 AM
Keeper

I too have been concerned on how the Provincial reopening plans/phases would affect the border reopening. I would assume the feds can overrule the provinces if push came to shove? or they would try to work out a compromise. As far as the US requiring a test to return. The CDC guidelines allow rapid tests & results as long as they are verified thru a provider. You can get them in the US and bring the test kit into Canada with you. See the CDC guidelines. I know itís still a looong shot(maybe 20%) but I am still holding out hope for the border to be safely reopened by July 8th.
Old 06-05-2021, 12:09 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianinVA View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallychowder View Post
Canadians can currently fly to the US but Americans can't fly to Canada at the moment. So there is precedent for an unilateral opening.
Canadians have been able to fly into the US for many months now.
Old 06-05-2021, 12:33 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway12 View Post
The CDC guidelines allow rapid tests & results as long as they are verified thru a provider.
Self-administered tests for return to the US would still require a telehealth visit with a provider affiliated with the manufacturer of the test. Are you aware of a manufacturer that also offer the telehealth services? And if so, where's the best place between Red Lake and Fort Frances that would have an internet connection good to conduct a telehealth visit via video?
Closed Thread