Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Some of our "traditions" newest post - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 06-13-2021, 04:17 PM
Keeper

Default Some of our "traditions" newest post

My group have done quite a few fishing trips together, some camping and just hung out at the cottage together

Over the years we have a few created a few traditions that could be common or could be not traditional at all lol

https://www.northernjacks.com/post/e...rip-experience

Love to hear about some others as I am always looking to add more

This summer we are doing a 3 days paddling trip and any must dos are appreciated

Cheers
Andrew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2021, 05:42 PM
Charter Member

i guess a concert on the dock for our group would feature loons, toads, bird calls that are hard to identify (even one whip-poor-will who called that name all night) and even the buzz of mosquitos - but Pink Floyd would be a very close second.

one tradition we have is happy hour on the dock with gin/tonics or martinis or beer and a munchie tray. a great way to warmup for dinner - then followed by an evening fishing foray to watch the sun go down. a great way to end a great day.

another tradition is lunch on a beach - most lakes have a beach somewhere - sometimes hard to find - but the outfitter or a contact to people who've been there previously will tell you where one is.

phish
Old 06-15-2021, 01:13 PM
Keeper

Default traditions

I guess its hard to call it a tradition if you've only done it for a few years. The younger guys on our fall trip have been great about getting an evening fire going. We all sit around, the younger ones drinking beer, the older ones bourbon.
It's one of the things we look forward to on our late season trips. Warm on the front, cold on the back. My buddy and I get there a little late. We fish a nearby shoreline that's good for walleye and jumbo rock bass after dark.
Sure hope we can build on that tradition this fall.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2021, 05:37 AM
Keeper

Some great ones in here.
Love the idea of happy hour on the dock and lunch on a beach! Added to the things to try list for sure
Fishron I love the fires as well especially on those cool nights.
I love going to the family cottage in October. Freeze during the day fishing but warm up at night at the campfire w a drink. Nothing better
Cheers
Andrew