Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Tournament cheating? - Page 6 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 02-25-2013, 09:31 AM
Minnow

chode2235

if you don't like it start your own league! or just don't fish it! its that simple.

you will soon find out how much time and effort goes in to it. and how one whiny ***** can wreck it for the rest. cause dealing with the whiners and complainers makes it not worth it to do. and people like u are why there is not more fun leagues out there for the rest of us to do.
Thanks
tony kammeyer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2013, 09:32 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Krook View Post
Ok I just went back to www.Scvwl.com and upon further review I realized that not only do we have a case of complaining but we also found a sore loser.

CODY, you only fished 4 of the 8 weeks. You spent the first 3 weeks in the money. You lost 1 week and never showed up to fish again. Pro angler Ron Smith and Tony Leggit dominated the league. If you feel like you got cheated out of $10 I wished you would have personally contacted and we could have gotten the matter resolved. I would be more than happy to reach into my wallet and give you your $10 back, again this would come out of my personal pocket and I would use my personal time to do it.

That's what I like about this forum, when someone posts either a neg or positive comment and the ability for response.

Appears there was more to the story, thanks for posting a reply Jesse.

Al
Old 02-25-2013, 01:06 PM
Minnow

I've fished the Croix league for two years now. I didn't/don't know any of the guys including Jesse personally. I just responded to an open invite via the internet. It's a great format. I'm not a tournament fisherman, or even a very good fisherman for that manner, but Jesse has created a format that's open to me and it's a great excuse for me to have a committed day where I can skip out of work early and fish. I think Jesse has hit his goal of having a group of guys fish, share info, have fun, and put a little money on the line while doing so. Jesse has very openly stated that if there's a problem, before taking it to the internet, talk with him and he'd like the opportunity to resolve it. It seems weird to me that something like this accusation comes out how many months later?
Old 02-25-2013, 06:45 PM
Jesse Krook

There is one more thing chode should know. The night of the year end awards I gave ny 1st place prize away to a team that fished at least 7 of the 8 weeks. Everyone that showed up to the award banquet went home with a prize or 3 and I went home empty handed...... You should find out the facts before you trash someone online
Old 02-25-2013, 09:31 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenW View Post
That's what I like about this forum, when someone posts either a neg or positive comment and the ability for response.

Appears there was more to the story, thanks for posting a reply Jesse.

Al

unlike the "other forum", where if your opinion doesn't meet the "agenda" of the "good ol' boys club", your posts somehow constantly disappear...

Old 02-25-2013, 09:33 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianK View Post

I don't fish tourny's (because i probably would not compete with the field)

FTFY....
Old 02-26-2013, 02:34 AM
Charter Member

Let me throw a funny flipside to what I saw at a tournie I was fishing in a long time ago. It was a state team event and the rules stated two presentations-lures per person period!!! These two new rookie partners fresh in or out of highschool(????) got up on stage with a great basket and were very pumped up and excited... They started explaining to the crowd how the flags on their 4 boards were snapping but no hook-ups!!! They realized some of the fish were tagging the fish keel in-line weight. So, they put a treble on the weights and started hooking up. They were so excited about their new discovery that they just flooded the crowd with all this new info. Of course us old farts looked at each other and said that is illegal!!! It's 4 presentations!!! Now comes the flipside,,, Do you kill the glory of the young guns whom are great fisherman or do you let it go, pull them to the side and learn 'em some rules behind the weigh-in trailer??LOL!!! Needless to say we didn't squeeze them to bad and they still saved glory...In my mind it was a honest cheat... In the busiest part of our days I know I have shot a bouncer down and looked over and said "oh ****" I still have a board out and then crank it in 90 miles per hour to get legal....I think we all have done that. But if we work together and if a cheat is confirmed the director weighs what is said in just facts and makes a decision. Decision or no decision can ruin the entry of any or all teams in that circuit if cheating has been alleged
Old 02-26-2013, 02:38 AM
Charter Member

Usually the real cheaters get dealt with and their name is mud anywhere they go. See a tournie they are in do not enter or enter and beat them!!!......Be honest and have a good time...
Old 02-26-2013, 05:02 AM
Wallhanger

Default Leaque Fishing Events

Lets all remember why we fish events like these.

1) With people that have the same love, fishing
2) Learning a lot about waters perhaps, we may not fish a lot
3) New fishing methods realized
4) Getting out one night during the week, without a league event might decide to do something else.
5) Personal recognition

It is not the money, if we break even, your still ahead in knowledge learned in my mind.

What amazes me is the guys that have an off league night, and don't stick around afterwards to either learn how and where the fish where caught or congratulate those that did well.

Thanks to those that organize and run these league events, it is a thankless job.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:59 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perch_44 View Post
unlike the "other forum", where if your opinion doesn't meet the "agenda" of the "good ol' boys club", your posts somehow constantly disappear...

Heck, even mentioning the wrong person's name over there will send a thread to the graveyard