Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Calling LUND IMPACT Owners!!! - Page 20 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 08-12-2011, 04:41 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munshaw View Post
If you look in the Lund catalogue, they are indeed listed under options (the gunnel mount downrigger bracket). I asked my dealer about it, and he said they didn't exist. I called Lund directly to get the scoop - they told me they don't exist, it was a typo. Only available on the Explorer. Would be nice if they made some up....
That's good to know! My dealer just told me two days ago they did exist for the impact! Lol. I guess thats helps me decide now that I need to go with an alternative route for mounting .

Thanks,

Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2011, 03:25 PM
Minnow

OK Here I am in Texas looking to purchase a 2012 1875 Lund Impact w/ a Honda 115. My question is what kind of top speed can I expect with a 17 inch prop? I am not looking to win any races, just enough to get out of potential trouble and to take my family of 4 tubing on an occassion. My main purpose is to FISH of course. I fish for crappie mostly and drift for channel cats in the summer. I am a bit nervous about the 115, but can't afford a 150. So all you folks who have a similar set up please feel free to tell me what I can expect....Many Thanks in advance.

Kenneth
Old 09-07-2011, 04:09 PM
Minnow

With my 150 mercury I get about 49-51 top speed with a 19p ss prop. I would say you would get about 40-42 with the 115.
Old 09-11-2011, 01:08 PM
TheUntangler

Default 115 hp

Hey Ken in TX, I have the 1875 Sport with a 115 hp merc, 20 hp merc kicker and with a full tank of gas and the wife, on a calm morning, I can hit 41 mph with the stock merc prop. Generally motor along a 37 mph at about 4500 rpms, which is fine. It pulls out of the hole fine with the wife and two small kids on board. A bit more power to pull out of the hole on a big chop rough day would be nice but overall the 115 hp does a fine job. Mainly fish inland and some Erie. Have not tubed yet but hope to.

Sepearte item, anybody hook up a VHF to the Impact sport. I see the radio wires under the dash and figure that is what they are for, just wondering if anyone tied into them.

Thanks!
Old 09-11-2011, 10:52 PM
Keeper

Default VHF - Marine radio

[QUOTE=Separate item, anybody hook up a VHF to the Impact sport. I see the radio wires under the dash and figure that is what they are for, just wondering if anyone tied into them.
Thanks![/QUOTE]

VHF...yep.

Here is my set-up. I picked up power from under the dash at the plug-in charger and ran the coax inside the sport trak rail gunwale. I just used a standard stainless 3ft'ish vehicle antenna mounted to a sport track bracket just forward of the starboard side windshield. I only need 5-6 mile range (if you need more TX range...go for a longer marine type).

my radio is a Standard Horizon GX1600. Very low 'depth' so it fits great behind a windshield.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	VHF Radio 1.JPG
Views:	419
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	11730   Click image for larger version

Name:	VHF Radio 2.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	225.1 KB
ID:	11731  
Old 12-18-2011, 07:23 PM
Slot Fish

did anyone get a bimini top on their impact. looking to get one for my 1775. not sure if its better to go to the dealer or if there is somewhere else. thanks for any info
Old 12-21-2011, 07:50 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LmitingOut View Post
did anyone get a bimini top on their impact. looking to get one for my 1775. not sure if its better to go to the dealer or if there is somewhere else. thanks for any info

It was about a $750 option for the 2012 from Lund. Not sure about aftermarket vendor. The 2011 Impact the dealer had at the time had a bimini top that blocks access to the jump seats/livewells in the back. Did not fit on the floor or fold down too much.

Looks like one of those deals that you either use it that day, or leave it in the garage.