Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
First boat purchase ever. Could use some advice - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-12-2021, 08:05 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrain View Post
The 18 foot Lund Tyee and Pro V max out at 200. These are the what i would consider the heartier of the Lund models.

Highly recommend the Hydraulic steering, can turn with a finger compared to fighting torque with cable steering. Would never go back to cable after owning hydraulic .

Wave pro or Smooth moves really help with taking the pounding from the waves so your spine doesn't have too. If I was buying a new deep V I would want them.

As far as rigging goes I like doing my own. But if you have never done it before you might want to let the marina do it. But doing it yourself let's you know exactly how its run if you have to troubleshoot later.

Thanks for the recommendation on the hydraulic steering, I will put that on my must have list. I didn't know what advantages it offered, but now I can see it's value so thanks for the explanation.

What is wave pro or smooth moves? From your description I am going to have to assume it's a seating option?

I was leaning towards doing my own rigging for two reasons, one because I enjoy technical installs like that and secondly, for example a humminbird helix or a minn kota ulterra seems to warrant a large markup in price on Lund's factory boat build website.

If I source those units and buy them myself, it seems the prices are considerably less. Frankly, given I am already purchasing boat, motor etc from them I would have expected that they would at least not price gouge on the accessories and electronics... but maybe I am somewhat naive as I have never done this before.... or am I missing something?