Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Fastest 20 foot walleye boat hull? 250HP - Page 5 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 09-19-2021, 11:55 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by egladding View Post
I want to fish more bass tournaments

I am thinking a do-all ultimate multispecies will probably be the ticket!
You might be similar to my use. When I size a boat, the bow gunnel height is a huge factor because I pitch & flip a LOT.

Ranger 620 & 622, Vexus DVX22 & DVX19 & Lund 2075 Pro-V all have bow gunnels under around 9-10" so pitching & flipping works pretty well. The 16' Lund Impact has about a 15" bow gunnel-- can't really easily pitch/flip from that boat.

I've watched a plethora of other boats pics & vids & Yarcraft, Warrior + others look like they have really deep bows. 2 boats ago my bow gunnel was 16" or so making pitching/flipping a nightmare. I had to retrofit something to get me in the air with the downside of I was that much higher off the water doing it

I just recently faced a boat reality: There's no such thing as a "do-all boat". It's more like there are only "I make it work well for me boat" boats instead. Each model has its really big plusses, matched with its really big minuses.

That's my 2 cents

Happy fishing!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2021, 01:24 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinmanPoozie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by egladding View Post
I want to fish more bass tournaments

I am thinking a do-all ultimate multispecies will probably be the ticket!
You might be similar to my use. When I size a boat, the bow gunnel height is a huge factor because I pitch & flip a LOT.

Ranger 620 & 622, Vexus DVX22 & DVX19 & Lund 2075 Pro-V all have bow gunnels under around 9-10" so pitching & flipping works pretty well. The 16' Lund Impact has about a 15" bow gunnel-- can't really easily pitch/flip from that boat.

I've watched a plethora of other boats pics & vids & Yarcraft, Warrior + others look like they have really deep bows. 2 boats ago my bow gunnel was 16" or so making pitching/flipping a nightmare. I had to retrofit something to get me in the air with the downside of I was that much higher off the water doing it

I just recently faced a boat reality: There's no such thing as a "do-all boat". It's more like there are only "I make it work well for me boat" boats instead. Each model has its really big plusses, matched with its really big minuses.

That's my 2 cents

Happy fishing!!
Bass fishing is main reason I chose my current boat, 205 comp. I can fish northern Door County, Green Bay, and Winnebago in conditions that keep bass boats on land. The 7' front deck allows my boys and I all to easily flip or pitch for bass. The rear flip down bench gives another large casting platform. The boat also doesn't seem to draft as much as a 20' glass walleye boat, and being aluminum, I dont feel the need to look at hull after touching bottom like my glass Ranger. The one negative to the 205 is the bow sits high, like most walleye boats. That makes it a challenge skipping baits under docks. I compensate by using a 7'6" rod. This allows a more parallel bait trajectory but you lose a little accuracy with the longer rod. Like always, how, where, and what you fish for dictates ones ideal boat.