Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Mega 360 power switch install - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 10-18-2021, 08:08 AM
Keeper

Default Mega 360 power switch install

I am planning to install mega 360 to my system. Humminbird recommends installing a power switch for the mega 360. Where have you installed this power switch and what is the function of the switch? I assume that it prevents the mega transducer from operating when trolling motor is not down, but I believe there is a water sensor for that.

My main question is where is the best place to install this switch and what kind of switch would be best?

Any installation pointers for this system will be appreciated. I have a Terrrova TM and have a custom mounting bracket for the mega 360 xducer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2021, 08:51 PM
Keeper

The importance of a switch on MEGA 360 is simply because the unit has 12v power to the “wet switch” on the top of the pod (waiting for water to cover the wet switch for activation) ...

*Some wire the MEGA 360 power to an accessory switch on the dash ...
*Some install a separate and independent toggle switch for MEGA 360 ...
*Some take this opportunity to install a Perko (or similar) kill switch on either the electronics circuit or the entire boat ...

Rickie

Last edited by rnvinc; 10-18-2021 at 08:53 PM.
Old 10-21-2021, 09:01 AM
Keeper

So I have an accessory switch on dash and a Perko switch from battery. Is there any need for a separate switch for the mega 360?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2021, 08:32 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lassh View Post
So I have an accessory switch on dash and a Perko switch from battery. Is there any need for a separate switch for the mega 360?
Not necessarily ... a separate switch just allows shutting off power to the MEGA 360 on days you may not be using MEGA 360 while fishing other methods or tactics ...

Rickie
Old 10-27-2021, 08:06 AM
Keeper

Thanks Rickie. It didn't seem necessary but I wanted to make sure.