Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
AIM 2009 Tournament Format - Page 4 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 12-07-2008, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brophy II View Post
first of all hope to never draw a guy like....aim sounds all good except the weight in part of it...is that going to be accurate at all.
It's not about being accurate, it's about being fair to all anglers across the board, it's about having an even playing field. If your fair to all and an even playing field is had, then accurate will come. The game has to be on a level playing field, if not, then it won't be accurate. AIM obviously has ways in which things will be fair and accurate, 77 different people put there money into this trying to make this a go, they want this to succeed, so obviously accurate won't be an issue.

I can't wait till next fall when all of you na sayers will be talking how much I told you so about AIM. I personally can't wait to sit here and told everyone one of you "I told you" and then sit here and quote those who talked nothing but negative about AIM.

Sit back and wait, AIM I'm sure will have us more info very soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2008, 02:38 PM

Question realist post removal

so he let his emotions get out of hand with the name calling and attacks on "pros" , none the less instead of editing the post and leaving his point posted, less the attack, the usual removal of all things not in agreement with moderator follows suit. the rest of what he said , hit the nail on the head, when it comes to what alot of co's that i know, really think about AIM's format : IT'S A JOKE !!! i don't want to see AIM fail as a pro/co, but the pro/am mentality that they think am's are going to line up star strucked ready to donate thier hard earned cash, with no chance of winning any cash, of which they could possibly use to enter another event, it's not all about the knowledge you could gain, it's also about the spirit of competition, not much of that in a raffle. in my opinion this is not a recipe for success.

Troy Gabriel
Old 12-07-2008, 02:43 PM
Brent II

sounds different..i like it hope it works is there a certain scale going to be used
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2008, 03:30 PM
dpd

Default expenses be

Juls
Why was must post deleted. What nobody is allowed to have an appoinion. I did not bash anyone, call anyone names, swear.
You just didn't like the content. I was trying to make a point that this is the type of Co. you could draw in this type of format.
Old 12-07-2008, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpd View Post
Juls
Why was must post deleted. What nobody is allowed to have an appoinion. I did not bash anyone, call anyone names, swear.
You just didn't like the content. I was trying to make a point that this is the type of Co. you could draw in this type of format.
It was over the line, and it didn't come across as you just trying to make a point.
You gave ALL Co's a bad rep when you wrote that the way you did...whether you meant to or not.

This topic is touchy and some posts are going to go over the line and get deleted. That's just the way it goes.

I don't delete stuff just because I disagree with what is said...IF that were the case this thread would be cut down to a quarter of it's size!

Juls
NPAA#89

Supporting Vendor
Guide (Lake Erie Western Basin)
JulsWalleyeFishingAdventures.com
Old 12-07-2008, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent II View Post
sounds different..i like it hope it works is there a certain scale going to be used
There won't be any fish weighed in on a scale Brent. It's CRR "catch, record, release". From what I can gather, there will be pictures of fish and weight calculations done at the weigh ins.

I was trying to find out more info on a site that I thought would have more insight, since they are working with AIM in some capacity, but no one is talking.

I couldn't have been of more help.

Juls
NPAA#89

Supporting Vendor
Guide (Lake Erie Western Basin)
JulsWalleyeFishingAdventures.com

Last edited by Juls; 12-08-2008 at 09:11 PM.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:28 PM
Wallhanger

Angry Hope it works for em!

I guess I could go along with the crr because most fish should weigh the same out of the same system, but as many of us know this year at mobridge a 19 inch fish usually out weighed a 20 inch fish. I had a 18 and a half incher that out weighed a 20 incher. But the one thing I don't agree with is that the top ten co's don't fish the 3rd day. I have fished as a co twice now but I don't think I would drive 6 or 7 hundred miles to fish for 2 days. Not to mention the fact that if you drive that far chances are you get a couple of buddies to go with you and most will set in a motel room 1 day while one guy is fishing. I will say that both times I fished the pwt I learned alot! And loved the experience! And I am deffinetly (sp) a better fisherman after going! I hope it works for them but would really like for them to rethink the 3rd day for co's. IMHO
Old 12-07-2008, 05:35 PM
brophy II

thatnks juls im just trying to make sense of all this......i know you only know so much

happy holidays
Old 12-07-2008, 08:10 PM
brad b unlogged

Unhappy

Do ANY of you think we could wait until AFTER AIM actually announces an idea before you bunch of whiners start complaining about it???

Geesh... you guys are awful.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:20 PM
Fiddlestyx

So many comments, so little typing skill.... so here goes.

The trickle of information coming out seems rather odd, why? Having format, 2 sites, and no payouts. Am I being overly critical? For what I need to make decisions for the year it would have been be nice to know. What has me concerned is the format took this long to get out and it is what it is.

My personal feelings match that of many that have posted regarding:
-Amateur anglers. This format regards the Co not as a Co but rather a amateur, guided participant or ride along. Is that going to grow the ranks of potential upcoming pros? What has been the biggest comment from Co's that have fished the PWT type tourney? cooler full of crap that you get a 1099 for and no competition for a place in the "Big Dance" among others. Money a factor in justifying fishing for a co, regardless of what a pro says it does justify fishing or not! Why? An Amateur (AIM term) angler will travel to the tourney, pay for rooms, food, tips, and time away from work. all for a "guide experience" from an "elite pro"? As a pro myself I want these folks to have a great experience with me AND if they can have a shot at a dream, not just an experience this will bring amateurs to fish and keep them coming back , not just a day with a pro for an education.

-Measuring the length of fish and translating to a standardized scale in Lbs? Comments that this format will level the playing field??? Are you guys for real? Tournament fishing is all about strategy, looking for the heavier fish, finding the prespawn females, vs post spawn, taking a chance and making a long run for a 1lb heavier per fish wt. A level playing field is created by the rules being fair and upheld for everyone no matter who they are. Other than that what does "level the playing field mean" Nothing!! To eliminate a pro that takes the time and effort and finds a solid group of prespawn saugers that outweigh the same length skinny fish somwhere else. Now they weigh the same, how is that fair??? It's not, it eliminates the detailed, harder working pros advantage. We get ties and we weigh fish to the 100th of a pound now the weight will be to a 1/4"?? Figure that out in a tie!

I anxiously await more info regarding the promotion of the pro that will be greater than any other circuit (according to AIM) and cater to the Pro. THe only media will be that of AIM's anglers pics of fish other than a top ten possible view from web cam in a boat or similar. THat is not a guess, not a question but a fact in a CRR tourney of this type. Now that the PWT is done the Walleye-Insider will be covering all circuits and stories. imagine the pics and promo that could come from that and big fish pics at the weigh-ins from them? Oops, guess not, just inches, hands and carpet.

I apologize for what from some people viewed is a anti AIM view. No, it's not anti AIM, its openly looking at the facts as we know it (from what is released), providing opinion in an open forum and offering real-life scenarios that will help all anglers make decisions. Not a sales job, not a hidden agenda, and from a Pro that had been considering this circuit as an option to fish for the '09 season.

Is this a new format? Yes,
Change for the sake of change? Maybe
Innovative? Not my choice of words

Payouts. Since we don't have any idea lets take a poke at what it will be since we all are anxious to hear. If you consider a full field of 100 the payout will be $150,000 that means a rough payout for a win at $30-35K and no further than paying 30 places at about 1K from 15th down. At an entry fee of $1500 (member) $1750 non member, it appears to me that the other circuit ROI will be better, (over 100% including the no entry fee championship) even if you don't have the right product. Co angler payouts, actual co angler standings fish 3 days for sure and the opportunity to make the 4th day based on contribution to the pro and the team for that day. (and the championship i mentioned earlier)

Jules, I read the treatment you recieved from the other site and there seems to be several things going on.
First your inquiry was just that, an inquiry from a neutral position just wanting to learn more to keep us all informed. Maybe someone there (the other site) had more info, but you get flames for asking??? Thats crap, sorry.... Crap (with capital C). Apparently its ok to bash on the other site huh?
Second, based on the moderators response to you he's got stake in the AIM (my feeling), and in fact does have stake in AIM from a media standpoint in more ways than one and is apparently not going to accept questions regarding the circuit. Right or wrong, read into it what you will, but it seems odd.

Bottom line on this whole deal.
- Getting pros to fish- In an economy that's struggling and anglers (non-full time pros) trying to scratch out a balance in home life (not just fishing) and spending money on tourneys and time off work, should AIM have started a circuit? For some full time pros they had to, no choice.

Look at how many pros fished both circuits, I think it was like 10 total. add to it those that only fished the PWT but all of them, add another 30. Will the circuit fill and give pros the payout they hope to get to "make it"? My thought, not possible. Its a matter of Return on investment, regardless how much I want to "grow " the business, I need to know I can make my entry back at least, break even here would be near 8th place. what does this mean to filling all four tourneys? THe first tournament will be the tale of the tape for the rest of the year, don't fill it and the rest of the year will be an uphill road.

We as anglers need to band together to make a circuit successful, one that will give back financially, promotionally and be around for years to come. Do I feel there is a need for 2 circuits yes I do, Now in this economy, I think not as the # of avaialble anglers is decreasing.
Backing is key to being around for the long haul, getting other sponsors, endemic or non endemic in the economy we are in will be difficult, nay impossible. What does this mean to AIM and the anglers? A tough road for better money, absolutely, a tough road by splitting the tournament angling community (anglers to fish) and not having the payouts? You be the judge.

If the phone calls I've recieved in the past day and a half regarding the circuit mean anything, lengthy discussion, breaking down the press release point by point, even if the payouts are good, both pro and Am's (AIM term) have very strong feelings regarding this "new " format and they're not what I consider to be positive .

Sorry for the long read but a calm, stand back, non emotional evaluation of this circuit is what is needed, not emotional bashing. Keep, it civil and let the discussion continue.

Peace , Love, Peace Love