Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Calling LUND IMPACT Owners!!! - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 03-25-2011, 08:35 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggblokk View Post
Seeing a Predator is what gave me the new boat bug! The problem is the 1810 rod storage is lacking, especially for a bass guy like myself that carries 12-14 rods to a tournament and would like them all locked up.. Stepping into the 2010 solves that but your talking big bucks.. like 40k! At that point I think I would rather have I nice used Ranger 619... On the 1875, is the front deck any bigger than the 1775, or is does it just give you more floorspace in the middle of the boat?
I agree about the rod storage. That is the one thing the 1810 Predator needs more of. It really is mind boggling that they didn't put center rod storage in and make the livewell smaller. This was the only thing that made me think twice and go back and look at the Impact a second time. Dealer had a brand new one on the lot. After some hard thinking I just decided that for bass fishing (tournaments here too), the predator just fit me better. The Impact seems a bit bulky for skinny water or windy days. Between the two side storage areas and some rod straps on the deck though I can fit in plenty of rods. The boat handles awesome and is a great size for me. If I want to take the wife and boy out the flip up seats in the back are great for the three of us. It's still a much better boat on the Ohio river than a bass boat would be and I can catfish out of it. Rod holders in the sides no problem. Just absolutly love this gem. 80lb Terrova on the front. HB 898 at the console and HB 798 on the deck. 90HP 4 stroke Honda that is whisper quiet. It's pretty much the boat I always wanted.

...but I would take more rod storage. ;-)

and yes, the 2010 is a great layout but too darn expensive and ends up bigger than I wanted anyway.

Last edited by mcalpine; 03-25-2011 at 08:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2011, 06:03 PM
Minnow

The Impacts look very similar to the Explorer's. How do these boats differ from the Explorer? Anyone?

Is this boat the lesser version of the Explorer like the Explorer is to the Pro V?

Last edited by Excaliber; 03-26-2011 at 06:23 PM.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:42 PM
Minnow

As it was explained to me by a Lund salesman, the differences between the 1775 Impact/1725 Explorer are as follows:

Impact is 2" deeper than Explorer (37" vs 35")
Impact is 6" longer than Explorer (17'9" vs 17'4")
Impact has a 2" wider beam (94" vs 92")
Gunwales are narrower on the Impact
The rear jump seats/convertible casting deck is available on the Impact and not the Explorer
Imact has two seats standard, Explorer has three
There might be a couple more that I'm forgetting?

The two models are otherwise identical.
According to the salesman, the Impact will price out about $2,500 less than a comparably equipped Explorer. He also gave me the impression that the Impact has been his #1 seller so far this spring.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2011, 07:44 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excaliber View Post
The Impacts look very similar to the Explorer's. How do these boats differ from the Explorer? Anyone?

Is this boat the lesser version of the Explorer like the Explorer is to the Pro V?
I would like to think they are just a different model, similar layouts, but different, but I see where your coming from. Both boats have same gauge hulls, Impact is slightly lighter than Explorer, also has IPS hull compared to Explorer IPS2. Impacts are few inches longer too, 1875 vs 1825, 1775 to 1725.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:59 PM
Minnow

Default Impact vs. Explorer

Other differences on top of what has been mentioned: The Impact has an option for a 25" transom height, with this you will get a rear casting deck the same height as the side storage compartments, makes for a huge platform with the aft seats folded down. Explorer has the storage in the console front. I think the Impact trailer also has LED lights, the Explorer just standard bulbs.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:51 AM
Slot Fish

the transom height is not a option really, it depends what motor you get will determine the height. atleast thats what my saleman said

got mine in last week I actually ended up getting a 90 2 stroke on mine, windsheild, 80lb terrova, hds5 and cover. got a great deal on it at the boat show lots of rebates and free safety kit

I also got vinyl on everything horizontal and carpet on all vertical parts since i plan on a lot of lake erie
Old 03-27-2011, 10:40 AM
Minnow

It looks like the Impact is 2 inches narrower than the Explorer and it does not have the Sport Trac ability. The Explorer has the IPS2 hull, Impact has the IPS and the Explorer weighs 135 lbs more.
The impact has one advantage with it's ability to stow a longer rod in it's rod locker (8'6" to the Explorers 7')

Hopefully if they do discontinue the Explorer which is rumored they incorporate the sport track into the Impact series.
Overall they look very similar but the Explorer has the edge for a fewgrand more IMHO.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:49 AM
Wallhanger

BigBlokk Give me a call, we have a 1775 Single instock and were on the water....Call Brannon 847-450-4011
Old 03-27-2011, 11:52 AM
Wallhanger

The above poster is correct, the Impact 1775 has a Larger Fishing front deck than a 18ft Explorer, I measured our displays, it was 2inches wider....The Explorer will be Modded for 2012 from the Rumors we heard from Minnesota, possibly with a Small Pro V!!!! The Impact is the real deal and a **** of a package, not from a Smaller name but from LUND!!! Pretty Cool....
Old 03-27-2011, 12:15 PM
Wallhanger

The Impacts do have Sport Tracks.

http://www.lundboats.com/boats/2011-aluminum/impact