Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
2013 flw - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 08-07-2012, 08:13 PM
Minnow

Default 2013 flw

I heard there might be a early release for next years schedule. Anyone been hering anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2012, 06:55 AM
Slot Fish

I would love an early release. I am thinking of fishing the entire schedule next year if my schedule and their schedule match up. The earlier the easier to make them match. If it comes out the same time as last year the first one becomes really tough for me.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:13 PM
Wallhanger

Default Heres some..............

1. Erie
2. Winnebago
3. Green Bay, Oconto (Walmart close enough north to have it here)
4. ???????
5. Rumer about Red Wing Championship
Don Loch #235
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2012, 09:00 PM
Minnow

I like the above list. Wouldn't mind seeing Cass filling in the blank spot!
Old 08-08-2012, 09:14 PM
Wallhanger

Default Cool.....

Havent been to Cass but LOVE Leach. That would be fun (Cass)
Don Loch #235
Old 08-08-2012, 09:34 PM
Keeper

The earlier the better in my opinion.

I'm strongly considering making the jump next year and fishing the entire circuit so some additional time to plan would be nice.

Red Wing for the Championship would be awesome!
Old 08-08-2012, 10:11 PM
Dream

Default Locations

My vote is oahe, devils, redwing or pepin, and anywhere but bago.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:14 AM
JustfishinginND

I'd love to see them go to Devils again.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:29 AM
Slot Fish

I'll be interested to see the dates. It would be fun to see something out of Oconto a bit later than it has been recently and Winnebago being in the second slot will be interesting to see where that falls.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:50 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustfishinginND View Post
I'd love to see them go to Devils again.
If Devils was like the Devils Lake of old it would be exciting. But with the high water, the last couple of years the tournaments have all transitioned to main bay tournaments, no bridge crossing, making it a whole different ball game for big fish.

The big fish are still around - but not inside the boundaries that are being set now due to the minimal bridge clearance. In addition, crossing highway 281 has been the recent path to bigger fish. But that path is scarey shallow. I have a hard time seeing $50K boats risking a rock pounding for a $10K tournament win, from the perspective of a tournament organizer, not a contestant. I understand all contestants have to make their own choices, but I also understand after bad experiences the tournament organizer can get criticized for putting the contestants in a position to make a bad decision.

In addition, there is the road/dike construction... It's not your normal construction experience, but maybe most of that will be wrapping up by 2013.

If FLW comes to ND - Missouri River or Sakakawea would a better experience. Sak might not even be doable given the Bakken strains on the region. Not sure where anyone would stay, and no Wal Mart at Sak probably leads to Bismarck as the only real ND choice. Bismarck would be great spring of fall.

Of course, this is all just my opinion. I'd love to see the influx of tourism to the area, see it get promoted to people all over the country. But I'd also like to see them leave being impressed with their experience and counting the days until they come back. For now, Devils Lake should maybe wait a bit on the flw schedule.