Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
New TV Show - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 11-21-2012, 01:03 PM
Minnow

Default New TV Show

With a new show in the making for the Cabelas National Walleye Tour what kind of things would you guys like to see? I beleive they said there would be 12 shows which should give them the chance to do some "away from the tournament" kind of stuff. I would like to see more fishing action less about the town or the fishery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012, 01:31 PM
Wallhanger

I'd like to see some in depth participant interviews. I think it would be interesting to hear about the sacrifices that folks have had to make to follow their dreams of professional angling....not just the top guns either.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:47 PM
Wallhanger

Lots and lots of on the water action from camera boats.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012, 01:50 PM
fanmail

Default guest

More pre fishing tactics, the highs and lows out on the water, and more on the time management during tournement hours.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:14 PM
Charter Member

I would like to see someone/production company outside the fishing industry brought in to produce and market this sport via TV. NOT unlike other successful sports marketing, the fishing and on the water x's and o's would be secondary ( just like it is in the NFL/MLB, NBA/NASCAR etc). Only then, we might create fans beyond what you've created the past 28 plus years. And what and who we have now makes no one any money. Obviously....

The old school needs to close. A new marketing culture needs to be created. And that will only come from someone that understands how, in concept, the other sports grow and retain fanbase.

That's all I will say.......again!!
Steve Fellegy #49
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things that matter. MLK
[email protected] or 651-270-3383 cell#
Old 11-21-2012, 05:17 PM
Winnebagoeyes

Default Co-angler perspectives

I agree with the sacrifices and triumphs that the non top guns are going through to pursue their passion. I would also like to see the co-angler stories as well. Even the co-anglers are making a big decision to invest the time and money into the sport. The average non tournament "dedicated" anglers can relate to the co-anglers better than the top-gun who is playing the game at a level that most will never experiance.

Ryan O'Connell
Old 11-21-2012, 07:42 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevefellegy View Post
I would like to see someone/production company outside the fishing industry brought in to produce and market this sport via TV. NOT unlike other successful sports marketing, the fishing and on the water x's and o's would be secondary ( just like it is in the NFL/MLB, NBA/NASCAR etc). Only then, we might create fans beyond what you've created the past 28 plus years. And what and who we have now makes no one any money. Obviously....

The old school needs to close. A new marketing culture needs to be created. And that will only come from someone that understands how, in concept, the other sports grow and retain fanbase.

That's all I will say.......again!!
Thumbs up to that
Old 11-22-2012, 11:07 AM
Wallhanger

Default A good host!

They need to look at how the Bass Masters has done their shows and also get a good host like BM did with Mark Zona.Great attitude,personality,funny,experienced, just plain exciting to watch and listen to to help build excitement along with good editing of lots lots of footage and drama.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:11 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishim View Post
I would like to see more fishing action less about the town or the fishery.
X2 Less fluff been way to much of that in the past!!!! needs more action,drama,EXCITEMENT!

Give anglers with exciting personality's lots of camera time and actually USE IT!

Last edited by southerncomfort1; 11-22-2012 at 11:16 AM.
Old 11-22-2012, 04:57 PM
Keeper

lots and lots of fishing action.... technique,depth, water temp, boat speed etc. i watch fishing shows to help me catch more fish...
hear you on less time about town and fishery and gets to be a little too much when the pros are only pushing there sponsors, but i do understand that is who pays there bills
i wonder if wild tv in Canada is going to get this