Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Ranger not shipping boats? - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 04-19-2017, 03:08 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbreth View Post
I'm going to Flippin to tour the plant on Friday, message me your order number (if you want) and I can ask the horse's mouth....
I sent you a PM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2017, 03:25 PM
Slot Fish

Sounds like all the major companies are slammed at the moment. Hope you guys get your rigs soon.

NPAA: 1280
2018 Cabela's NTC All-American
Old 04-19-2017, 03:43 PM
Keeper

I work in manufacturing and I can say it's not unheard of for a company to have supplier problems that cause delays. If it's an important component that can't be easily sourced elsewhere they're up a creek. One company I worked for had an important supplier lose an entire factory to a tornado. It took us months to move our sourcing around and catch up.

It very well could be an issue outside their control, but they should probably do a better job of communicating that back to customers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2017, 03:45 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerHornen View Post
I work in manufacturing and I can say it's not unheard of for a company to have supplier problems that cause delays. If it's an important component that can't be easily sourced elsewhere they're up a creek. One company I worked for had an important supplier lose an entire factory to a tornado. It took us months to move our sourcing around and catch up.

It very well could be an issue outside their control, but they should probably do a better job of communicating that back to customers.
Exactly!
Old 04-19-2017, 03:48 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
I'm going to Flippin to tour the plant on Friday, message me your order number (if you want) and I can ask the horse's mouth....
Right now I think that the OP is thinking of the other end of the horse. LOL
Old 04-19-2017, 06:18 PM
Minnow

I have a Triton 216 on order and I was told the same thing that it was waiting on parts.
Old 04-19-2017, 06:29 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
i was going to do that too.I decided it would make the wait even worse
Old 04-20-2017, 04:30 AM
Minnow

Ordered new 620 on February 17, was told 8-10 weeks at the time it was ordered which i was skeptical of, delivery date is supposedly end of May which is 14 weeks from order date. I have asked dealer for updates and I am being told the delivery date has not changed, that being said I assume they will not change the delivery date until they start building the boat. It would be nice if they could tell us a start date for the boat or at least where it is at in the stack of "to do's". Customer service/support is a big deal to me and I'm sure it is to all who posted in this thread, this lack of communication makes me a little weary of how the service/support from Ranger will be if there are any problems or warranty issues in the future.

Hopefully mcbreth will have a full report after the plant tour on Friday and will let us all know what is going on!!
Old 04-20-2017, 05:40 AM
Slot Fish

Service is very important to me as well. Before I bought a new boat in 2016 I called the top 5 manufacturers that I was considering directly to gauge their interest in taking calls from boat owners or even potential boat owners as I thought this was a gauge of customer service. Ranger was the only 1 to call me back every time I called. 3 makers never did call me back.

Then after I bought my boat, I have had 3 minor warranty claims with Ranger. All were approved in short order and repaired timely.

So for those worried about future customer service, I think we will all be in good shape. As you look through these threads, guys are upset waiting on boats from a lot of manufacturers. Sounds like they are all just overwhelmed right now.

Stinks you guys have to wait when spring is here.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:10 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverduck11 View Post
Service is very important to me as well. Before I bought a new boat in 2016 I called the top 5 manufacturers that I was considering directly to gauge their interest in taking calls from boat owners or even potential boat owners as I thought this was a gauge of customer service. Ranger was the only 1 to call me back every time I called. 3 makers never did call me back.

Then after I bought my boat, I have had 3 minor warranty claims with Ranger. All were approved in short order and repaired timely.

So for those worried about future customer service, I think we will all be in good shape. As you look through these threads, guys are upset waiting on boats from a lot of manufacturers. Sounds like they are all just overwhelmed right now.

Stinks you guys have to wait when spring is here.
i think waiting is part of the deal you have to be willing to not have a boat for some time