Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Boat guide on - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Trailers and Tow Vehicles

Old 07-15-2021, 12:58 PM
Huskermax 777

Default Boat guide on

Iím wondering if you folks know what would work for a ranger 621 ?Having a tough time backing trailer when I canít see it, THANKS FOR ANY INSIGHT,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2021, 02:29 PM
Wallhanger

Atwood Marine Trailer Guide Lights.
Old 07-15-2021, 07:53 PM
Charter Member

An easy solution that is used by quite a few folks around here.

Pick up a couple of flags on a pole and then mount a couple of sockets on the frame of the trailer near the back or have magnets on the bottom of the sticks to simply stick to the trailer frame.

Before backing, grab the flags, place them where needed and back up . Just before putting the trailer in the water, hop out, take the flags, stow the flags, hop back into the vehicle and continue backing into the water.

For example:
https://www.amazon.com/Reese-Towpowe...396573&sr=8-30

These have magnets on the bottom so you can use them at the back of the trailer, or you can put one on your vehicle trailer hitch and use one on the boat trailer hitch to line up the trailer when connecting to the tow vehicle:

Best wishes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2021, 08:33 PM
Keeper

Bullseye is the best! Check them out, way better than the roller style I used to have. An LED on top of them would be sweet at night. Or little flags as REW suggests

Last edited by Daddybigfins; 07-15-2021 at 08:39 PM.
Old 07-16-2021, 03:14 AM
Super Moderator

I don't understand....why can't you see you're trailer when backing up?

Do you drive a big, wide, ginormous truck, or something?

What about just putting those side mirror extensions on, like the people pulling big RV's use, so you can see the trailer?
NPAA#89

Supporting Vendor
Guide (Lake Erie Western Basin)
JulsWalleyeFishingAdventures.com
Old 07-16-2021, 09:33 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juls View Post

What about just putting those side mirror extensions on, like the people pulling big RV's use, so you can see the trailer?
maybe a motorhome.

break down and invest in a backup camera. I have a friend that has 2 on the back of his truck. he has 1 for the ball and coupler because he loads a lot by himself. the other one is just to watch his boat.
Old 07-16-2021, 10:01 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juls View Post

I think there is a high percentage of people that never learned to use their side mirrors for backing up a trailer. I see a lot of people with the tailgate down on their pickup or rear hatch open on their SUV so they can use the rear view mirror or look over their shoulder to back the trailer down a ramp.
Old 07-17-2021, 09:29 AM
Huskermax 777

Thanks for all your input I have a 6 inch drop on my hitch to keep 621 level and over sized mirrors. The only time I can see the trailer is when one of tires shows up leading to a snaking pattern trying to get down to retrieve boat. Also the ramp I use is extremely steep.
Old 07-17-2021, 10:21 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskermax 777 View Post
Thanks for all your input I have a 6 inch drop on my hitch to keep 621 level and over sized mirrors. The only time I can see the trailer is when one of tires shows up leading to a snaking pattern trying to get down to retrieve boat. Also the ramp I use is extremely steep.
The snaking pattern is from over steering. Try backing slower and not making drastic corrections.
Old 07-24-2021, 10:14 AM
Charter Member

Huskerman,

As I posted earlier, pick up a pair of flags or balls on sticks that are 4 feet long and before backing, just pop them down on the trailer frame near the rear of the trailer.

https://www.amazon.com/Reese-Towpowe...d0c62f6697e431

Then, when backing you will be able to watch the balls and that will allow you to have 100% connection with the alignment of your trailer when backing.

Also, do the same thing when it comes to hooking up your rig. Put one magnet with the stick and ball on your hitch and another one on the front frame of your trailer.

Then, when backing up, you simply have to keep the two balls in alignment and you will quickly and easily back in place every time to hook up your rig.

Just an aid, but a very effective aid.

Last edited by REW; 07-24-2021 at 10:16 AM.